Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Developers Raid The Zoo

Phoronix: X.Org Developers Raid The Zoo

Activities for the second day of the 2008 X Developers' Summit are now over. The day ended with the X developers in attendance receiving a private tour of the Edinburgh Zoo, the venue for this event. The schedule for today's talks that mostly consisted of open-source graphics were also thrown off when the developers decided to visit the Gentoo Penguins...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One has to wonder if they paid Sir Nils a visit as well (there's a pic of a King penguin in the photos, but I can't tell if it's him or not...).

Comment

Penguins are really nice, even if:

Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
      -- Linus Torvalds

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        One has to wonder if they paid Sir Nils a visit as well (there's a pic of a King penguin in the photos, but I can't tell if it's him or not...).
        Yes we did. That one picture is of him (you can tell by the gold armband). Though during his award ceremony a few weeks back, the zoo keeper mentioned to us that it wasn't really that penguin but a stand-in penguin for the day.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Yes we did. That one picture is of him (you can tell by the gold armband). Though during his award ceremony a few weeks back, the zoo keeper mentioned to us that it wasn't really that penguin but a stand-in penguin for the day.
          Didn't know what they'd identified him with- one of my friends had the good fortune to see him doing an "inspection" run over the troops during the tattoo, which is why I'd known about him.

Comment

Working...
          X