Thread: Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 Released

Default Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 Released

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 Released

Phoronix Media has announced the release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.2 (codenamed "Malvik"), an update to its leading and award-winning benchmarking software, during the 2008 X Developers' Summit. This update incorporates support for new operating systems and features to better aid ISVs, IHVs, ODMs, and OEMs in profiling their hardware and software for optimal performance and compatibility. In total there are more than 250 official changes with many new test profiles and suites since the release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 in June of 2008.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=12807

award-winning
    specifics!

Well it's receiving the "grantek award for excellence" right now!

Congratulations Phoronix!!

*applause*

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi314 View Post
    specifics!
    Check out the Softpedia award from the PTS awards page on the new site and praise received from the other sites.

First: Congratz from my side, too!
    Second:
    Didn't want to OT talk in the "Intel Atom Disk Encryption Performance" thread, so I'm telling here:
    I was thinking of a better view of the current "Less/More is better" text. Why not add an arrow on the left side of the benchmark bars pointing down for "less is better" and pointing up for "more is better".
    Example (just hand-drawn to show what I mean):

Well... The arrow should of course be a bit more compact and beautiful, but you should get the point. With that, one can easily see on the first look what results would be optimal, rather than having to read the bad readable "Less/More is better". This should especially help when just looking for short at multiple benchmark images, just to get an idea of what to expect from a specific hardware.

At least that's my opinion, what about the others?

Great job indeed.