Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Games Are Most Important To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
    Ever since it vanished from the repos in Fedora, I have been longing for it (though I know I can still install the Fedora Core 2 rpm), it is my understanding that the game has been largely unmaintained.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Linux games had an updated to it about a month ago, although I couldn't find the changes it made, if any.

Right now I'm using openSUSE 11, but Gentoo also provides a functional ebuild for it. I emerged it myself on an AMD64 system about 3 weeks ago.

Comment

To be honest, I've always wanted to get Baldur's Gate 2 to work, but much of that GEMrb refuses to cooperate with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
        If I'm not mistaken, I think Linux games had an updated to it about a month ago, although I couldn't find the changes it made, if any.

Right now I'm using openSUSE 11, but Gentoo also provides a functional ebuild for it. I emerged it myself on an AMD64 system about 3 weeks ago.
        IIRC one of the problems with the game was that (apparently) it didn't work right with newer versions of OpenAL. I'll have a look around, though.

Comment

NWN + 2 expansions
          Ankh
          Ankh 2
          Cold War
          Battle for Wesnoth
          Xmoto
          Lincity
          OpenTTD
          Nethack

Comment

Nexuiz
            nethack
            xmoto
            Neverball
            Uplink
            NWN + expansions

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
              To be honest, I've always wanted to get Baldur's Gate 2 to work, but much of that GEMrb refuses to cooperate with me.
              I've had a fair few problems with GEMrb when I last tried it and ended up using wine to get my BG2 fix.

Comment

I like games like ankh where you solve things.
                I'm thinking about grabbing a copy Jack Keane since it's my kind of games.
                The only thing about that kind of games is that it's only real fun the first time you solve it. (but it's the most entertaining game genre)

Other then that i play heroes3 (and 5 in wine), rune and wesnoth.

I play allot more native games but only now and then.

Comment

Commercial:
                  Neverwinter Nights
                  UT99
                  Quake 4
                  UT2004
                  Wine/Cedega

Open Source:
                  Widelands
                  Nexuiz
                  Scorched 3D

There's more in the lists, but in the heels of a system reload, I'm still installing applications as I need them.

Comment

Nexuiz =]
                    Doom3
                    Quake4
                    Savage2 occasionally

Planning on getting ET:QW when my newer system is more stable.

I do play Counter-strike 1.6 via steam via Wine.
                    I find using steam a bit of a pain, plus when it's stacked on top of Wine.

I also use dosbox to play older titles such as:
                    Carmageddon (Still my favorite game!!)
                    Blood
                    Simcity 2000(DOS)
                    Syndicate Wars

Mind you I am using ubuntu and I do fairly often download random games from add/remove applications menu.

Tuxmath keeps me from rusting
                    GFCE Ultra is a must if you like NES games.
                    I use also use ZSNES.

Again, if the issues are resolved on my ATI rig with Ubuntu's 8.10 release I'll be a very happy camper playing ET:QW (Not a camping gimp)

I have yet to find 2 copies of UT2004 for me and my roomate to play.
                    UT3 would be nice.... but........ =/

Comment

The Battle for Wesnoth
                      NetHack

Comment

Working...
                      X