Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Games Are Most Important To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sad that Darwinia does not get a nod here. It's a mighty fine game, you know?

Adding to the list, Mupen64 Plus and Mame. Ironically, playing the same game.

I will say is that, what Linux as a platform has in abundance is shooters. Almost every shooter in Linux is a derivative of Quake 3. lol.
    Last edited by niniendowarrior; 02 September 2008, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Just registered.

I mostly play X-Moto now. It's a 2D motor stunting game. The reason I play it so often is because a level only takes about a minute, so you can always start the game, hit Quick Play and do a few stunts if you're bored. And it's actually very challenging.

The more serious games I play are:

Free software:

Nexuiz
      Sauerbraten
      Warsow

Non-free:

Descent 2 (d2x)
      Doom 3
      Quake
      Quake 3
      UT
      UT2004
      Return to Casdtle Wolfenstein
      Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
      Battlestar Galactica: Beyond the Red Line (might become free when released, but the demo isn't)

And in Wine: Half-Life series, Hitman series, C&C3, GTA2, Dungeon Keeper 2, and Scorcher.

Comment

I wonder if this thread is really about:

Native Linux games vs Wine games tally.

I'm certainly getting a gut feel that's how this article will focus on.

Comment

what games matter most

native:
          Alpha Centauri

Wine:
          Steam (except i haven't gotten it to work yet)
          Heroes of might and magic III complete

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
            I'm sad that Darwinia does not get a nod here. It's a mighty fine game, you know?
            It's a very good game but without multiplayer support it lacks at bit... (can't wait for multiwinia though!)

Comment

Nexuiz is huge.
              Enemy Territory on occasion.
              Super Tux
              TA Spring (I have trouble managing this properly, I wish there were a better linux front end for setting up games, managing mods and maps.)
              Am waiting for Danger from the deep, it seems pretty cool.
              I give BSG:BTRL and Vega Strike a shot on occasion. Used to be they taxed my graphics to much and weren't that playable, but I have a newer card now.
              Lastly, that 3-D tanks game with the different weapons is pretty fun.

Comment

Savage 2 (what's up with the character limit?)

Comment

WOW! Smells like Crossfire spirit...
                  I read all the posts and I am really very happy with the response of all of you folks! Learned new game titles too

Most of the games I 'd like to mention are already here(Nexuiz etc..) except 2...

-RACER(http://www.racer.nl)
                  -No Gravity
                  -Sauerbraten (Only one friend told about it which is really unfair for this very well built modern 3D open source game)

For the commercial ones now I really don't think we should mention them here their companies can tell AMD to include their titles at Crossfire support.

Comment

Nexuiz
                    UT2004

I use wine a lot but not for games.

Comment

• I haven't used Wine, or any of it's derivatives, for gaming. I play the Linux ports of UT2004, Doom 3 and Quake 4, and I'll probably buy ET:QW too. I also play a variety of open source games.

Comment

Working...
                      X