Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 - fglrx Problems (Goes to Mesa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Didn't 2.6.19-1.2911 come out only yesterday (March 2)?

Had it worked with any previous kernels?
    Not to contradict you, but kernel 2.6.19-1.2911 came-out last month, kernel 2.6.19-1.2911.6.4 was released March 2nd and still works great for me and the fglrx driver.

Comment

Originally posted by glussier View Post
      Not to contradict you, but kernel 2.6.19-1.2911 came-out last month, kernel 2.6.19-1.2911.6.4 was released March 2nd and still works great for me and the fglrx driver.
      Oops, my bad, sorry about that. Already too consumed with Fedora 7 Rawhide
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have 1 machine on Rawhide but my production computers are on FC6 and Slackware.

Comment

Oops, my bad, sorry about that. Already too consumed with Fedora 7 Rawhide
          SO what is the hell problem after all???

Michael,I need your help very much.I still cann't enable my 3D acceleration.

Comment

As stated earlier, did it work for you on any previous kernels?

Also, what happens when you modprobe fglrx manually?
            Michael Larabel

Comment

As stated earlier, did it work for you on any previous kernels?

Also, what happens when you modprobe fglrx manually?
              I uninstalled my earlier kernel...so I cann't try it anymore,

can you point out how to configure my Xorg.conf or some other way

to enable my driver perfomance? Don't disappoint me again please...

Help will give the confidence to me continuing studing Linux.

Comment

aticonfig --initial --force
                That is the way to configure your driver... Did you see what happens when you modprobe fglrx manually?
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Hi again,
                  I was just wondering what steps should I take now that the kernel has been upgraded. It seems to have jumped back to mesa. I tried using --extract but that doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing that has something to do with seeing old drivers. Am I supposed to uninstall and reinstall with each upgrade? Any help thanks.

Comment

You should be able to follow the same steps, just reinstall the fglrx kernel-module.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

I must be going insane because I can't remember what I did last time to extract from the installer. I'm typing this at the moment but just not working, it deletes the folder at the end. I just realised though, I'm getting a different error at the end.

sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.34.8-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/FC6 --extract
                      make[2]: *** [/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.34.8-1-9726-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.34.8-1.fc6-root-root/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/firegl_public.o] Error 1
                      make[1]: *** [_module_/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.34.8-1-9726-root/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.34.8-1.fc6-root-root/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x] Error 2
                      make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernels/2.6.20-1.2925.fc6-i686'
                      make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2
                      build failed with return value 2
                      error: Bad exit status from /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.34.8-1-9726-root/tmp/rpm-tmp.84028 (%install)

RPM build errors:
                      Bad exit status from /tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.34.8-1-9726-root/tmp/rpm-tmp.84028 (%install)

Comment

Working...
                      X