No mipmaps with HD3850 in Compiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mipmaps with HD3850 in Compiz

Am I the only one who can't get mipmaps to work under Compiz?

All my other cards (9800pro, x800gto, 200m) using the latest drivers have no problems displaying mipmaps, while the two hd3850s I have fail to do so.

*shrugs* - I still can't get around the checkerboard of doom

Comment

I ask because I can't find any other report on the issue. Not even on the Compiz forums. Surely there are people running these cards and Compiz. Most important, is it a known issue and if so will it be fixed?

Comment

My HD4850 does the same thing using fglrx, white, instead of meaningful texture.

Comment

If works with my 3850. Well, the icons in the switch applet are a white square too, but the window contents are displayed correctly in both the switch applet and the taskbar previews (and I have the mipmap options checked).

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
            I ask because I can't find any other report on the issue. Not even on the Compiz forums. Surely there are people running these cards and Compiz. Most important, is it a known issue and if so will it be fixed?
            I've noted it a couple of times - one here.

Comment

What is the best way to reproduce this ? The bugzilla ticket doesn't say, and the link seems to talk about the fullscreen/window issue not mipmaps.

Is the mipmap issue related to the discussion about thumbnails and alt-tab ?
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                What is the best way to reproduce this ? The bugzilla ticket doesn't say, and the link seems to talk about the fullscreen/window issue not mipmaps.

Is the mipmap issue related to the discussion about thumbnails and alt-tab ?

I'm using Compiz 0.7.4. Just turn on mipmaps on any of the effects that support them (window previews, expo, desktop cube, etc) and instead of the texture display you will get that white background.
                This same machine with the same software/drivers, but using different cards (x800gto for example), does not have this problem.

Comment

OK, thanks. I wasn't looking for mipmaps in the individual effects.
                  Test signature

Comment

Yaeh, all of the effects that use mipmaps display this behavior:

(desktop cube effect)

By the way, the machine I'm running has a standard Hardy 64bit installation.

Comment

Working...
                    X