Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    @duby229

Read this. I think you can also safely revert back this patch to make your 3D work again, but maybe it is already fixed in 7.1 release and you can tried that first.
    Yeah I think that's it. After reading the guru's, I'm not sure what I can do except wait. I can try to reverse that patch, but I have no idea how to do it. I'll just wait it out and till it gets fixed in master then I'll just resync and reinstall.

Comment

The key point from the link seems to be :

Long story short: Mesa 7.1 requires xserver > 1.4.99.906
      Backing out that specific commit makes Mesa work with slightly older X servers (say 1.4.99.905) but it seems that picking up the very latest X server is the real answer. The commit in question had a corresponding commit in X server so you need both for things to work.

Haven't actually tried it or anything though...
      Test signature

Comment

Yes, yes, krh was yesterday applied fix for this and that means... LSS: xserver must be from git.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Yes, yes, krh was yesterday applied fix for this and that means... LSS: xserver must be from git.
          I've been trying to rebuild the xserver for a few weeks now, but so far I've had no luck at all. Every single time I try it craps out at the same spot.

Code:
          ../doltcompile x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common -I../hw/xfree86/dri -I../hw/xfree86/dri2 -I../mi   -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib64/dbus-1.0/include    -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow  -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -I/usr/include/drm -I/usr/include/X11/dri -DXFree86Server -D__GLX_ALIGN64 -O2 -pipe -march=k8 -MT indirect_dispatch_swap.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/indirect_dispatch_swap.Tpo -c -o indirect_dispatch_swap.lo indirect_dispatch_swap.c
          ../doltcompile x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -I../hw/xfree86/os-support -I../hw/xfree86/os-support/bus -I../hw/xfree86/common -I../hw/xfree86/dri -I../hw/xfree86/dri2 -I../mi   -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib64/dbus-1.0/include    -I../include -I../include -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow  -I../miext/damage -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -I/usr/include/drm -I/usr/include/X11/dri -DXFree86Server -D__GLX_ALIGN64 -O2 -pipe -march=k8 -MT indirect_reqsize.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/indirect_reqsize.Tpo -c -o indirect_reqsize.lo indirect_reqsize.c
          In file included from indirect_dispatch.c:40:
          glapitable.h:812: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'GLint64EXT'
          glapitable.h:813: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'GLuint64EXT'
          indirect_dispatch.c: In function '__glXDisp_TexSubImage1D':
          indirect_dispatch.c:2976: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
          indirect_dispatch.c: In function '__glXDisp_TexSubImage2D':
          indirect_dispatch.c:3000: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
          indirect_dispatch.c: In function '__glXDisp_TexImage3D':
          indirect_dispatch.c:3748: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
          indirect_dispatch.c: In function '__glXDisp_TexSubImage3D':
          indirect_dispatch.c:3777: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
          make[1]: *** [indirect_dispatch.lo] Error 1
          make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
          In file included from indirect_dispatch_swap.c:40:
          glapitable.h:812: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'GLint64EXT'
          glapitable.h:813: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'GLuint64EXT'
          indirect_dispatch_swap.c: In function '__glXDispSwap_TexSubImage1D':
          indirect_dispatch_swap.c:3096: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
          indirect_dispatch_swap.c: In function '__glXDispSwap_TexSubImage2D':
          indirect_dispatch_swap.c:3120: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
          indirect_dispatch_swap.c: In function '__glXDispSwap_TexImage3D':
          indirect_dispatch_swap.c:3884: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
          indirect_dispatch_swap.c: In function '__glXDispSwap_TexSubImage3D':
          indirect_dispatch_swap.c:3913: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
          make[1]: *** [indirect_dispatch_swap.lo] Error 1
          mv -f .deps/indirect_reqsize.Tpo .deps/indirect_reqsize.Plo
          make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-9999/work/xorg-server-9999/glx'
          make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
          Any idea on how to get around this error when compiling the xserver?

Comment

duby229
            Check whether you have the latest (git) x11-proto packages and mesa from git installed.
            I have a problem with building xorg-server from git as well, but the problem is with osdep.h header (OPEN_MAX macrodefinition - it needs manual tweak to compile).
            Besides maybe this forum is not the best place to discuss problems with Gentoo ebuilds.
            Last edited by reavertm; 28 August 2008, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reavertm View Post
              duby229
              Check whether you have the latest (git) x11-proto packages and mesa from git installed.
              I have a problem with building xorg-server from git as well, but the problem is with osdep.h header (OPEN_MAX macrodefinition - it needs manual tweak to compile).
              Besides maybe this forum is not the best place to discuss problems with Gentoo ebuilds.
              Yeah I've got both of thos packages installed from git... I'm not saying that it's not gentoo's fault, but I highly doubt it... And this is a forum where many of the people who work on these projects gather and discuss these topics.. I mean if this isnt the place to ask for help,. then where is?

EDIT: I've created a thread on the gentoo forums. (I'm gonna hold off on creating a bug just yet) So please feel free to post either here or there any suggestions you may have.
              Last edited by duby229; 28 August 2008, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X