Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie wants to learn?

Hi there,

I am a new to the forums & is my first post.

And very new, rather in my neonatal period, in the world of Linux/ Unix.

Just learned to Dual boot Vista & Ubuntu using GParted to create partitions.

Can you smart guys teach me how to create & restore an Image of my drive, like I used Symantec Norton Ghost/ Acronis True Image 11?

Where & how to start?

How to take an exact( Cold or Hot Imaging) preferably cold......image?

How to place it on a partition or an optical media?

How to restore?

Can I create image of both Vista & Ubuntu in 1 or do I need to create 2 separate one?

Can I create an image remaining in any environment or I have to be in Ubuntu etc.

Sorry don't mind my silly queries coz as i said am new to Linux..........been tired of using windows since 486-DX2.

Hoping to hear from you smart people,

Thanks in advance,

Regards!

Hi there,

I did it myself..........created an image of a dual boot Vista & Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.0.4........stored it in the Logical D NTFS of Vista partition & than restored it overwriting both over Vista & Ubuntu.........results PERFECT including boot loader etc!!

Dual Boot:

1. C: NTFS Primary 40 GB Vista
    2. D: NTFS Logical 20 GB
    3. /root: ext3 20 GB
    4. /swap: 512 MB
    5. /home: ext3 15 GB

Took 29 mins to create & the same to restore approximate.......image was split into 4 GB size to burn on optical media.....image size 12 GB.

Thanks alot.

Any one interested to learn PM.

Now I have perfected & now make a dual boot again with a peace of mind.........this was just a tester, experiment.

Now with those 3 DVDs I can install a dual boot with all progies, special settings etc in 29 mins lol

Comment

Working...
    X