ut3 linux poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by me262 View Post
    Well, I hadn't really taken failure into account. This is what I want to do, and I have enough drive, and determination that it's what I will make happen for my life.
    Besides the fact that with the 75k I'll be dumping into it, I'd better get something from it...
    Heh... There IS a reason we were suggesting a slightly (in our opinion) better use of the $75k in the form of a slightly more general degree that'd help you accomplish a bit more if things went sideways on you for any reason.

It's not that it's a bad choice. It leaves less room for error.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Indeed. I am, however, a bit ambivalent in that regard due to their parent's other division doing the Rootkit fiasco- yes, I know that SCEA didn't do it, but BMC IS Sony afterall. Something that narfy only comes from high-up within the company and they didn't have heads that rolled when it came out that they'd done this- first they wembled and tried to cover up the fact that they'd done this deed (and did it with someone else's software in the mix to boot, committing the very thing that they were allegedly trying to prevent, an infringement...) and then when they owned up to it, they had to be taken to court to be forced to stop doing it and to properly fix the machines they'd messed up.
      Well, of course SCEA isnt an altruistic company as opposed to the loathsome M$, just take the results of these companies' efforts in beating the competition and modify them. Which brings me to a cool idea. What if we all buy a ps3 to play ut3 on it? Then install linux on the ps3 and run the ut3 ps3 mod tools on it with wine, to create mods for ut3? I guess thats the closest thing to ut3 on the linux platform so far.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
        Well, of course SCEA isnt an altruistic company as opposed to the loathsome M$, just take the results of these companies' efforts in beating the competition and modify them. Which brings me to a cool idea. What if we all buy a ps3 to play ut3 on it? Then install linux on the ps3 and run the ut3 ps3 mod tools on it with wine, to create mods for ut3? I guess thats the closest thing to ut3 on the linux platform so far.
        You know... If it's not on Linux, it's just not worth all of that. Seriously. You're jumping through flaming hoops, buying a title for a different platform from the one you WANTED it to run on from someone that had a serious release date slip on you.

If they ship here soon, I'll buy. Otherwise, it's just not worth all of that to me.

Comment

Didnt you say a few posts ago that you would mod the xbox360 so that it serves a completely different purpose? This is more or less like that too!

Comment

Working...
          X