Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giorgosts View Post
    Still present the tv-out bug that makes watching movies on tv impossible
    http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=309 Please Michael If you have any communication with the AMD developers let them aware of this so they can fix it. We already posted bug reports on the official and the unofficial bugzilla with no effect.

I'll see if I can get a word on it tonight.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

New ATI Driver

This driver does not compile for me.

I'm using Fedora 7t1 with the latest Rawhide updates.

One problem is the new driver doesn't explicitly recognize Xorg 7.2, so I subsituted the X710x64 directory.

But I still get error messages of no compilation.

Can I just change Michaels prior script for 8.33.6 and replace the 8.33.6 with the 8.34.8 and build the RPMs from there?

My kernel is the latest one today: 2.6.20.2936-x86_64

Thanks,

Pablo

Comment

pabloa,

The 8.34 scripts for F7T1 are my updated scripts.

I'll update against Rawhide right now to see if/what the problem is. I'll report back shortly.
        Michael Larabel

Comment

I see the newest problems with Rawhide. I am working on the specifier-qualifier-list problem right now.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I'll see if I can get a word on it tonight.
            No official comment.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Blank screen

I tried the new version, running on a Lenovo Z61m, X1400.

When I run as a regular user, I get a black screen and the system hangs. I can't switch to a console, and I can't ctrl+alt+backspace out of X. I can do ctrl+alt+del, however.

When I run as root, the same thing happens, UNLESS I enable Composite, which of course makes DRI not work.

What's wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by elenius View Post
                I tried the new version, running on a Lenovo Z61m, X1400.

When I run as a regular user, I get a black screen and the system hangs. I can't switch to a console, and I can't ctrl+alt+backspace out of X. I can do ctrl+alt+del, however.

When I run as root, the same thing happens, UNLESS I enable Composite, which of course makes DRI not work.

What's wrong here?

I didn't try 8.34.8 yet, but with 8.33.6 i had the very same problem on my Box (Acer Aspire T180 (AMD Athlon 64 X2, ATI Radeon X1550)). No clue as to what the problem ist, so far, nobody was able to give me an answer and even Michael, despite being helpful in getting the driver compiled at all, didn't manage (or had time?) to fix that issue for me.

CYA Arne

Comment

Btw, trying to ping the box via network when it froze didn't come back showing that it actually crashed hard - so no wonder changing to console or killing X doesn't work.

CYA Arne

Comment

BTW, I also tried a couple of suggested solutions that I found for the blank screen problem. Adding Option "ForceMonitors" "notv" to xorg.conf, etc. to no avail.

I think the reason why it works with Composite enabled is precisely because that caused DRI to be disabled. In other words, I could probably just disable DRI and it would work. Too sick of messing with it to try that now.

So, I used to have a driver with working DRI, and non-working XV (8.33.6). Now I have another choice: Working XV and no DRI. Progress, ATI-style, I guess.

Can someone confirm that you have got both DRI and XV working on a 64-bit machine with 8.34?

----
                    *EDIT: Problem solved. Hrm, I didn't have all the new RPMs installed, only the kernel package. So I was running a mix of versions. It all works now
                    Last edited by elenius; 22 February 2007, 10:25 PM.

Comment

but does it really work? I have just installed and still cannot use kdetv on my x800-xl. that application works fine using open source drivers.
                      is this problem just mine or does it affect other punters?
                      take care
                      Renato

Comment

Working...
                      X