No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 8.8 Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nope. The fault lies with the distributions using an unreleased pre-alpha version of X.

The driver workes well with real releases. So the fault lies at redhat/fedora and suse.

Comment

• I've bought the new ATI card (4850) several days ago and I'm disappointed with catalyst 8.8 driver stability. I've got the same problems that RobotMarvin described here: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=22

Also I've got SDLmame corrupted opengl output etc.

So I join the others who ask fglrx developers to pay more attention to the driver stability and bugfixes rather then new features like crossfire support.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
        do you have /etc/localtime?

because my strace of ut2004 looks a LOT different.
        No /etc/localtime. Going back to 8.3 and see if ut2k4 works again. Fanging for a game. I haven't installed anything outside of the official repository, nor uninstalled anyways. At least to my memory

Comment

• Tearing is NOT killed. slow 2D.

Comment

• just set the symlink from /etc/localtime to the right timezone and try again. It won't help I am afraid but will remove some errors from your strace

Comment

• so what about tearing?

Comment

• It's still there dude... Wait for 9.6 version for them to fix it...

Comment

• hah.. why not 10.7 ?..

Comment

• Guys, it has been said a few times by Bridgeman that the tearing a lot of us are still seeing isn't due to a bug in the drivers, rather that they haven't yet been able to finish the feature to correct this. He's said that they are trying to address this as they can, but come on guys, let's cut them a little slack. After all, 99% of income that their linux efforts generate come from enterprise/workstation clients, not the general consumer. It kinda sucks for us, I agree, but if they are going to serve our needs and not lose a ton of money from it, they need to prioritize them first.

Comment

• I think coders are professionals right? Do they test their own product before publishing? Don't they see tearing, slooooow scrolling, etc. I had nvidia mx400 card (with no problems at all) before I bought hd 2400 pro agp. It's good in XP, 3.0 shaders are cool and so on, but even in windblows there is some kind of tearing or.. some kind of thawing on screen.. Do they read this forum and do they know about this disasta?!
                      Pleaze answer our clean question - when? When will cool driver appear?

Comment

Working...
                      X