No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 8.8 Linux Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, why is it that any app I open in WINE has been messed up, why is it that the last good driver release for BOTH my ATi cards was 8.3?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarmael View Post
      So, why is it that any app I open in WINE has been messed up, why is it that the last good driver release for BOTH my ATi cards was 8.3?
      They're bringing new features to the driver now, once they've finished, they will fix the bugs...

... I hope!!

Comment

• Just wondering, now that Xorg 7.4 is finally (about to get) out, will we now see support for that in Catalyst?

Comment

• Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
          Just wondering, now that Xorg 7.4 is finally (about to get) out, will we now see support for that in Catalyst?
          no, until a major distro picks it up as it's Xorg version....

...and fedora is not "major" enough (for them)!

Comment

• I noticed a very high CPU usage when using gl output in mplayer, and other opengl apps for that matter, which I think sometimes causes small pauses. Strange flickering when in fullscreen mode is also present when I try to bring up gmplayer menu.

I've tried with nopat option but the cpu usage is still very high, depending on the video size.

I'm beginning to remember problems I had with drivers when I had 9550.

EDIT: I've tried 8.7 and it also has high cpu usage, can somebody tell me if this is normal behaviour? When I had nvidia card I used x11 output (now it doesn't scale in fullscreen which renders it useless) so I have no comparision.
            Last edited by Redook; 12 September 2008, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• btw, what is PAT ?

Comment

• Originally posted by harvy View Post
                btw, what is PAT ?

Comment

• We have apparently been using PAT for a while, but when running 2.6.26 or later which has its own PAT implementation the two implementations seem to conflict. The "nopat" boot option will prevent the conflict for now.
                  Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by Vighy View Post
                    no, until a major distro picks it up as it's Xorg version....

...and fedora is not "major" enough (for them)!
                    Well, most distros will use it in he comming fall...

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      We have apparently been using PAT for a while, but when running 2.6.26 or later which has its own PAT implementation the two implementations seem to conflict. The "nopat" boot option will prevent the conflict for now.
                      so with nopat I turn of the kernel pat - but the driver will just use its own?

So this:
                      [ 40.525485] [fglrx] PAT is enabled successfully!

means that the driver really is using pat and not some kind of weird but harmless bug?

Comment

Working...
                      X