Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarking wine games

Hi to all!
    I have an old laptop (a 2003 Toshiba Satellite M30-304) with a go5200 graphic card and I'm looking around to find a substitute. Even if I did not have problems with nvidia drivers (except for the impossibility of suspend/hibernate and the unavailability of tv-out), I would like to have a more linux oriented one. So, considering the effort that AMD/ATi is doing with the open source project (and with the closed source driver too) I'm considering to switch to AMD/ATI or, perhaps, Intel GMA X4500 (which I suppose is more powerfull than my actual video card). I don't play games very often, but I would like to be able to play Return To Castle Wolfstain and Nexuiz as native games and to use Wine to play Grand Prix Legends, IL2-Sturmvich and Call of Duty.
    So I want to know:
    1) are the recent ati mobile video cards and drivers good for this use? Does anybody use them with wine?
    2) what about benchmarking wine games with different cards in order to be able to understand how Ati, nvidia and Intel works with wine games. I would suggest to use platinum rated wine games which should works flawlessly.
    Thank you,
    Xwang
Working...
X