Fglrx broken on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fglrx broken on Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

I tried several tutorial, but I'm still not able to use a driver fglrx.
    The driver is loaded but it alwais fallback with vesa driver

Is anyboby able to have a working fglrx driver on Intrepid (with 48xx radeon cards)?

PS: mesa driver is unusable it freezes every 30sec!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not a new problem, the Xserver 1.5 RC problematic exists since Fedora Core 9 which was released Mai 13th. Nvidia has 2 drivers (out of 4) compatible with Xserver 1.5 RC.

Comment

Is there a way to fix this situation?

I HAVE to use Intrepid to be able to use my new hw, but is possibile to use a fglrx driver donwgrading xorg to Hardy's version?

Comment

Buy Nvidia if you need to use Xserver 1.5 with Intrepid - or use OSS drivers. If you only want kernel 2.6.26 or 2.6.27 you can install Kanotix. Since today I even got ATI fglrx 8-7 working with 2.6.27.
        Last edited by Kano; 10 August 2008, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Buy Nvidia if you need to use Xserver 1.5 with Intrepid - or use OSS drivers. If you only want kernel 2.6.26 or 2.6.27 you can install Kanotix. Since today I even got ATI fglrx 8-7 working with 2.6.27.
          Thanks for the reply.
          I need the kernel >=2.6.26 but not latest xorg.
          Are these changes already on a kanotix livecd? are avalaible these debs somewhere?

Comment

I can give you a test live cd without installer. The script that would work up to hardy + latest kernel is here:

For kernel 2.6.26 the oldest driver supported is 8-5 (you can use -v 8-5 then). 2.6.27 support for 8-7 only (without any option). But will not make it compatible with Xserver 1.5 of course.

Comment

2.6.27-1-generic + catalyst 8.7 = still fail

cat /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log
              Errors during DKMS module removal
              Errors during DKMS module removal
              [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to add fglrx-8.512 to DKMS

Comment

Working...
              X