Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SurroundView(tm) with 780G?

Hey all,

I'm looking to add a 3rd monitor to my system. As I understand it, the 780g chipset cannot drive both DVI and HDMI at the same time, so I need to get a PCIe card and use SurroundView.

Two questions:

1) Does SurroundView work without issues with fglrx? Google isn't helping me here.

2) Which video cards will work? The most descriptive requirement I can find says "compatable radeon VGA card," but what is "compatable"? Will anything with "radeon" in the name and "SurroundView" in the specs work?

I read somewhere that for Hybrid graphics I need a Radeon HD 34xx to work with my integrated HD 3200. But I don't need this "Hybrid" thing to use SurroundView, do I?

Thanks!

MWM

Stupid dupe.
    Last edited by Tgui; 20 August 2008, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mmarshall View Post
      Hey all,

I'm looking to add a 3rd monitor to my system. As I understand it, the 780g chipset cannot drive both DVI and HDMI at the same time, so I need to get a PCIe card and use SurroundView.

Two questions:

1) Does SurroundView work without issues with fglrx? Google isn't helping me here.

2) Which video cards will work? The most descriptive requirement I can find says "compatable radeon VGA card," but what is "compatable"? Will anything with "radeon" in the name and "SurroundView" in the specs work?

I read somewhere that for Hybrid graphics I need a Radeon HD 34xx to work with my integrated HD 3200. But I don't need this "Hybrid" thing to use SurroundView, do I?

Thanks!

MWM
      I'm running a 780G and a 3450 PCIE card. Like you, this doesn't work. I've tried many things to get surround view too work with the 8.7 drivers.

Here is the thread I started on the ubuntu forums.
      This evening I picked up a ATI 3450 HD with the hopes of putting a third LCD screen to work using the ATI surroundview BIOS option using my integrated 780G graphics as a discrete card paired up with said purchased card. First, my relevant system info. - Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-SH2 motherboard with onboard ATI 3200 HD graphics. - Visiontek 3450 HD graphics card. My steps to failure. 1) Installed new graphics card, enabled BIOS surroundview, reinstalled Ubuntu, installed ATI Catalyst

I'll be trying the 8.8 release tonight.

Comment

8.8 drivers fixed nothing. Though, now I can verify the temp of my cores :P

Comment

So it sounds like I need to be happy with two monitors for now :-/ I'll be keeping a close eye on phoronix.

Thanks for letting me know

MWM

Comment

Working...
          X