HD4870 performance is truly awful - fglrx Hardy x86_64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by legume View Post
    I actually lost a few fps on etqw when I took out my X1600 and put in the 3850 - the game also stutters/jitters when it's showing plenty of fps and I have CPU spare.
    I'm getting 45-60 fps in normal gameplay in etqw (even on v. high detail settings) which is OK by me, but it's the stuttering that is driving me mad and led me to notice the problem in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by Spanner View Post
      I'm getting 45-60 fps in normal gameplay in etqw (even on v. high detail settings) which is OK by me, but it's the stuttering that is driving me mad and led me to notice the problem in the first place!
      I just tried the doom3 demo as IIRC etqw is related and it's the same.

Whatever settings I use in game or amdccle I get stuttery scrolling and always the same framerate - 40-60 fps varying really quickly wherever I look.

Comment

Originally posted by legume View Post
        I just tried the doom3 demo as IIRC etqw is related and it's the same.

Whatever settings I use in game or amdccle I get stuttery scrolling and always the same framerate - 40-60 fps varying really quickly wherever I look.
        The game has a built-in cap of 60fps, so even if you don't have vsync on your max frames will always be 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
          The game has a built-in cap of 60fps, so even if you don't have vsync on your max frames will always be 60.
          So how is Michael getting 80-90 fps on Doom3 in his PTS results for the 4850/4870?

Come to think of it, I heard that ET:QW was capped too but the PTS results suggest otherwise. Maybe it's a feature of the demos that the cap is lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanner View Post
            So how is Michael getting 80-90 fps on Doom3 in his PTS results for the 4850/4870?

Come to think of it, I heard that ET:QW was capped too but the PTS results suggest otherwise. Maybe it's a feature of the demos that the cap is lifted.
            The timedemos don't seem to have caps. After all, they are meant to be in-game benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
              Yes, it's the way it constantly varies, so fast I can't even see the units that I was noting. Even if I look at the floor it's the same where I expect it should be a steady 60.

Comment

Working...
              X