No announcement yet.

trouble building xorg-server from git on gentoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys I'm still having trouble. Any advice would awesome...

Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual
    How to resolve this error? I've tried rebuilding the drivers. the server. I've emerge -e world twice, I've tried messing with xorg.conf, commenting out everything one at a time, and nothing I've done seems to make a difference. I really need a little bit of outside help here. I've been trying to get this thing to work on my own for well over three weeks now, and god knows I havent asked for that much help. But at this point, I just want to get it working, and I'm on the last leg of the race right now.

If anybody has ever seen this error, or knows what the cuase of this error is, please let me know.

Honestly I dont see --anything-- out of place in the xorg log. It looks perfect. But of course I might be missing something, so if you need to see it just let me know and I'll gladly make it available. Also If you need to see the xorg.conf, or any other log, or configuration. If you need me to run any commands. Just let me know and I'll gladly provide any information that you need. At this point, I think frustration is beginning to set in, so I might need to just step back and give it a few more weeks. But if I can get this to work right now, all the more better.

Anyhow thanks in advance guys.

Comment

this are problems you won't fix with an -e world.

For RGB chech the path in xorg.conf.

But really, don't use the portage stuff, try the xorg testing overlay.

Comment

Working...
      X