DRI-2 is dead, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Not sure about this. Keith has been a leader in Xorg development for maybe 20 years at a variety of companies and Intel is nice enough to be paying him these days. There are a lot of devs working on Xorg and most of them do not work for Intel.
    so by bying Keith, intel bouth the Xorg leadership, since they surley can tell him what his priorities are

Comment

I said "a" leader, not "the" leader
      Test signature

Comment

That's though how lobbying works... get a hook on "a" leader and you have a hook on "the" project

Comment

I find merging gem as a bad decision, intel should have got a release with dri2 support, then broken it, so people can use the older driver while the new changes are being worked out.

My idea:
          - Keep intel's drm using TTM
          - Keep intel using TTM
          - Keep DRI2 for intel out there
          - Release intel
          - Release kernel
          - Release X
          - Merge GEM
          - Break DRI2

Comment

Originally posted by some-guy View Post
            I find merging gem as a bad decision, intel should have got a release with dri2 support, then broken it, so people can use the older driver while the new changes are being worked out.

My idea:
            - Keep intel's drm using TTM
            - Keep intel using TTM
            - Keep DRI2 for intel out there
            - Release intel
            - Release kernel
            - Release X
            - Merge GEM
            - Break DRI2
            Perhaps this should be the plan in order to have something to use until the whole GEM idea is able to enter the race for good...

@bridgman:
            I am glad to hear that our devs-company didn't forget us! Thanks guys! And no brakes at all! Full speed ahead

Comment

Working...
            X