sb live! -> audigy 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sb live! -> audigy 4

My pc case has a front audio port and mic port that I'd like to use and there is no way to do it with my current sb live! 5.1, and I found a used audigy 4 (vanilla) that I'll be buying to replace it because it has an internal connector that I can use to plug into the front case audio ports (granted I have to make a special connector to utilize it... or duct tape Will there be a significant difference in sound quality from the sb live! 5.1 to the Audigy 4? That would certainly be a welcomed bonus. I asked in a few linux related irc channels on freenode and didn't receive a straight response, but they tended to lean towards minimal sound difference if any at all.

On another note, are there any other sound cards that have a front audio port that isn't proprietary and intended to be used for OEM's, has hardware mixing, and full support in linux? I'll give anything a chance, it doesn't need to be made by creative labs.

Thanks,
    Scott

The Audigy 4 will allow you more benefits, but depending upon your speakers, you may notice no audible improvements.

Unfortunately the Razer Barracuda AC-1 isn't yet properly supported in ALSA.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I forgot to mention that I would be using rather high end headphones (Shure e3c) which would place the sound quality "bottleneck" on the sound card.

Thanks,
      Scott

Comment

I got that card and I can say its a good sounding card! As far as noticing any difference, I'd say if youre a audiophile you'll probably notice some difference otherwise I dont think so. But then again this is my first creative card...I did notice a small difference, for the better ofcourse, between the built in nvidia soundstorm and the Audigy4. Anyway its a good sound card, I think so anyway...

Comment

Working...
        X