• Splashtop Internals

Here are some interesting things you might want to know:

a) Difference between ce_bz and cefull

ce_bz = kernel-header (1536 bytes) + cefull

b) Can I removed sqx files?

Sure, when the you reset the version file:

Code:
    dd of=version bs=1 seek=32 count=0
    c) Where are the max res and wifi mode stored?

c1) First look there:

Code:
    echo $DVM_MODEL
    c2) Add general override file:

create va-custom.sqx to add for example a

/etc/models.d/superset/99-custom

file with override settings:

Code:
    # wifi network
    export DI_HAVE_WIFI_LIST='wlan0'
    export DI_HAVE_WIFI_RA_HACK='no'

# screen
    export DI_HAVE_RES_DDC='yes'
    export DI_HAVE_RES_LIST='800x600x24x60,1024x768x24x60,1280x800x24x60,1280x1024x24x60,1366x768x24x60,1440x900x24x60,1440x1050x24x60,1600x1200x24x60,1680x1050x24x60,1920x1080x24x60,1920x1200x24x60'
    You can also load extra nic modules there or maybe webcam or whatever. I prefer creating extra sqx files for adding/loading modules and dont add em here.

c3) Add model specific override

The /etc/models.d is based upon

Code:
    dmidecode -s system-product-name|tr ' /' '_'
    So you could add different configs for all your different boards.

d) Hidden games on website

e) Custom about message

Put your infos into external file:

custom/dvm.about

f) Custom menu entries

Add your vainfo-*.desktop files into

usr/share/applications

and the icon into

usr/share/pixmaps

g) Custom start menu loaded by ce

the menu is located in the skin0000.bin file, you can change the start commands - here to show em (initva=command is executed).

Code:
    strings skin0000.bin|grep kernel.bin
    and even extract the gif images using that script:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    FILE="skin0000.bin"
    OUTPUT_PREFIX="pic_"
    OUTPUT_SUFFIX=".gif"
    OUTPUT_SUFFIX_OFFSET=".offset"
    OUTPUT_SUFFIX_SIZE=".size"
    NUM=0
    last=0
    for offset in $(perl -wne 'BEGIN{ undef $/ } print $-[0], "\n" while /GIF89a/g' "$FILE";ls -l $FILE|cut -f5 -d' '); do
     size=$((offset - last -1))
     echo $last $size $offset
     echo -n $last > $OUTPUT_PREFIX"$(printf "%0.3u" $NUM)"$OUTPUT_SUFFIX_OFFSET
     echo -n $size > $OUTPUT_PREFIX"$(printf "%0.3u" $NUM)"$OUTPUT_SUFFIX_SIZE
     dd if="$FILE" of=$OUTPUT_PREFIX"$(printf "%0.3u" $NUM)"$OUTPUT_SUFFIX bs=1 skip=$last count=$size
     last=$offset
     NUM=$((NUM+1))
    done
    Als long as they are smaller you could simply replace em - just an example:

Code:
    PIC=pic_001; dd if=$PIC.gif of=skin0000.bin conv=notrunc bs=1 seek=$(<${PIC}.offset)
    Last edited by Kano; 05 August 2008, 07:52 PM.

How to compile ce_bz with splashtop profile?

I have been downloading the splashtop_src.tar.bz2 file from DeviceVM and kernel version 2.6.20-11 from kernel.org last week. However, my kernel size was over 103 KB. So, can you tell me how to compile ce_bz (linux kernel) with their profile and patch files?

Comment

ce is not the kernel, thats all - look at a), was only a linux header _added_. The included config file is even wrong, as at least one thing is different:

# CONFIG_MODULE_UNLOAD is not set

This option _is_ set (can be checked with modinfo on existing and new modules), so remove that line and make oldconfig will ask you. Otherwise it is impossible to compile extra modules. You can not do much more than adding a few kernel modules.

Comment

HI
        Thx for your scrips they work great!! Still having problems with eeepc-701-project-splashtop. I do not have a cd-drive so can,t get Kanotix going, I have tried to make lots of tries at making va-XXX.sqx apps/changes with Ubuntu 8.04 and they seem to not work at all, Is there any how to's on adding an xterm and how to build the va-XXXX.sqx programs I've tried to alter and make fresh .sqx and they all fail. Also at boot to desktop if I press ctrl+S it stops the kernel/dmesg and i can press ctrl+Q it starts again, it says something like /etc/models.d/701/20-modules-700: line66 cannot create /prro/acpi/asus/waln: dvm_model 701. I've tried to make .sqx's with fies from Ubuntu and puppy with no luck, and could use some more of your great advise, Thank you again for your scrips and other info but I'm still learning/newbie so please bare with me.
        Last edited by badbrad420; 09 September 2008, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Anybody can share the splashtop code for mirroring ? i try download from splashtop site but when 99.9% it's failed. i already try so much times. Thank you for your share

Comment

The code is not that interesting, as not even the kernel config file is uptodate, I had to guess a setting to compile additional modules. I mainly contains the included apps with patches nobody wants to use - because they basically remove functionality - from pidgin for example lots of protocols or a different save feature for firefox.

Comment

Yes i see the code too. but there is no kernel code only the tools.

Comment

The kernel CONFIG is there + kernel patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                  The kernel CONFIG is there + kernel patches.
                  in which part ? the work style same with Linux From Stracth

Comment

Working...
                  X