No announcement yet.

computer crashes when using nvidia driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180.84 was for GTA4, now there is 181.20 for Win and 180.22 for Linux.

Comment

i'm win xp sp1, not using linux. anyways, im using nvidia foreware driver v180.48 GTA IV is smooth (2 GB ram) but the crash still occurs, it's winter here, may be it's due to cold after it crashes after a cold boot, it doesn't crash again for a long time. i'll rollback the nvidia drivers and see what happens. how bout u? still got crash?
      Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Ummm, since when has nvidia offered Linux GTA drivers? BTW there are new drivers for both Win and Linux. As always - UNINSTALL OLD DRIVERS FIRST then install the new.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        180.84 was for GTA4, now there is 181.20 for Win and 180.22 for Linux.
        Right I know that, was just wondering what relevence the windows GTA driver has to do with the Nvidia Linux forum.

Comment

Originally posted by beingaquatic View Post
          i'm win xp sp1, not using linux. anyways, im using nvidia foreware driver v180.48 GTA IV is smooth (2 GB ram) but the crash still occurs, it's winter here, may be it's due to cold after it crashes after a cold boot, it doesn't crash again for a long time. i'll rollback the nvidia drivers and see what happens. how bout u? still got crash?
          This is a Nvidia Linux forum. Your questions would be bettered answered in a windows forum such as the ones found at nvnews.net. But to answer your question, the GTA drivers and the 180.20 windows drivers work perfectly fine for me in Win64.

Comment

hehe the post was about crash so i replied and gta, i mentioned it coz i got this nvidia 8500 just for playing gta and autodesk maya. now i dont want u to wonder whats autodesk maya doing here hehe have a nice day man.

Comment

Originally posted by beingaquatic View Post
              hehe the post was about crash so i replied and gta, i mentioned it coz i got this nvidia 8500 just for playing gta and autodesk maya. now i dont want u to wonder whats autodesk maya doing here hehe have a nice day man.
              hi there, i solved all the problems i had by buying another nvidia card.
              my old card, a 8500gt (iirc) was a "special" version that came bundled with my computer, a gateway 5228j.
              i tested witha friend who had a 7800 and no problems with it:
              i took his card and he tested mine for a week. i had no more crashes with his card while he got the exact same problems i had using my card on his machine.
              from there it was obvious the card was at fault.
              the damn thing wouldn't run for more than 2days straight. no matter the OS i used.

i bought a 9600GT and since all is running fine and stable..

Comment

Good on you figured out it was a hardware fault...

Comment

Working...
                X