Anti-Aliasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Blackstar,

Good thoughts, but unfortunately I think that is probably not the problem. WoW afaik doesn't use bloom or HDR. Also, the nvidia drivers under linux/windows can force AA and the ATI drivers can as well under windows. Enabling AA in the game "works" under linux (as in the game thinks it is being set), but no AA is actually applied.

Have you been able to get AA to work with fglrx? What I'm seeing sounds almost exactly like what phoronix saw when they were testing AA with their test suite here:

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Hi Blackstar,

Good thoughts, but unfortunately I think that is probably not the problem. WoW afaik doesn't use bloom or HDR. Also, the nvidia drivers under linux/windows can force AA and the ATI drivers can as well under windows. Enabling AA in the game "works" under linux (as in the game thinks it is being set), but no AA is actually applied.

Have you been able to get AA to work with fglrx? What I'm seeing sounds similar to what phoronix saw in their test suite (but without the image artifacts):

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

I am using the 9.12 hotfix drivers on a 4850 and AA works fine here, either through CCC or through the application. I've been working with OpenGL3/fglrx since 9.3 and I cannot recall any issues with AA not working.

Comment

Well, if you're using WINE, AA with fglrx does not work in many cases. With native games it works fine though (Nexuiz, Alien Arena, etc.).

Comment

Finally stumbled upon other people having these AA issues as well. Last autumn I made a thread at the official ATI forums about this issue. It wasn't a surprise I didn't really get any answers.

My AA settings worked fine with my HD 4670 last summer when I bought the card. Nexuiz had AA and Wine games had AA. Then, as time passed and something got updated (I guess), AA stopped working in full screen but it did work windowed (or the other way around, can't even remember anymore). Then, at some point AA stopped working completely. This was somewhere around Catalyst 9.8 I think. Haven't had any luck since. Just today I upgraded to Catalyst 10.1.

The settings in amdpcsdb file get changed as I change them from CCC, but they don't have any effect. Xorg.conf has been the same all around, I'm using a manually configured one and it worked last summer.

Comment

Working...
            X