Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devius View Post
    Because they're not precogs?
    Or more likely, they didn't know what they were doing, and clearly still don't.

Comment

Linux Plumbers Conference

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      Thats what i find weird. How come this whole discussion didn't happen before they started implementing something that big.
      It did, at linux Plumbers last year.

It was decided that instead oje IPC to rule them all, both Binder and KDBus would be included.

Binder was included in the very next merge window.

Unfortunately, there has been a long time since the Linux Plumbers conference when this was decided and that is having an effect.

There was been previous RFC's before the current merge request - due to which there were substantial changes made to the kdbus architecture.

This merge request was made AFTER addressing the comments to the previous RFC's.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post

It was decided that instead oje IPC to rule them all, both Binder and KDBus would be included.

Unfortunately, there has been a long time since the Linux Plumbers conference when this was decided and that is having an effect.

There was been previous RFC's before the current merge request - due to which there were substantial changes made to the kdbus architecture.

This merge request was made AFTER addressing the comments to the previous RFC's.

The thing is that they still get a lot of negativity from a few of the heavyweight kernel hackers. It doesn't seem to be simple comments but more serious stuff. And it is worrying in a way. Of course you cannot please everyone but those people are not the average commenter on whatever geek site.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post

Sadly Binder is available only for Android ... just because some people love to hate everything that they don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            The thing is that they still get a lot of negativity from a few of the heavyweight kernel hackers. It doesn't seem to be simple comments but more serious stuff. And it is worrying in a way. Of course you cannot please everyone but those people are not the average commenter on whatever geek site.
            Well, it is very hard to distinguish between real concerns with the code and politics.
            There are some kernel devs who brought up problems, most of them between v1 and v4 of kdbus.
            Then where were no comments anymore, the pull request comes and suddenly people claim that this is not ready to be merged yet.
            That people have to meet face to face (which already happened twice afaik), that dbus in the kernel is a stupid idea in general (why not say this 2 years ago then development started or at least then v1 of kdbus was sent in?)

I also saw multiple emails which went into this political direction (like the kernel command line "debug" option being mentioned as a reason to not trust the guys behind kdbus and so on).

Very strange especially in the light of the development of kdbus from v1 to v4.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
              Someone tell you that Linus is not a browser developer, but a kernel developer. If you want that browser go learn coding or pay someone to do it.
              Why I have to pay, is not linux free!? There are no programmers able to make an official linux browser!?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                Why I have to pay, is not linux free!? There are no programmers able to make an official linux browser!?
                by the holy powers of the great phoronix forum i dub thee a linux programmer
                now go make a browser

Comment

That makes no sense at all. Even OSS developers deserve to get paid, I'd even say especially so. And there already exists quite a few OSS browsers that run natively on linux.

Comment

So because you want a piece of software someone has to do all the work for you for free? I don't think so.
                    You know how open source works? Go ahead and start a project, maybe someone will join you, maybe not. If you can't do that then just pay someone to do the work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                      So because you want a piece of software someone has to do all the work for you for free? I don't think so.
                      You know how open source works? Go ahead and start a project, maybe someone will join you, maybe not. If you can't do that then just pay someone to do the work for you.
                      So if I make the linux browser I use it only for me. Thanks for answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X