SuperTuxKart 0.9 Released With Its New OpenGL 3 Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
    Unless you have a very strong art direction, cel shading is not going to look good.
    It looks good in War?ow.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
      I see only 0.8.1...

Comment

Hi everyone

I'm one of the main dev of stk and here is some answer to the questions you asked

No deb? o_O
        They have to be done by the packet managers of each distro. This might take a bit of time.

And I didn't know Open source had a princess
        She is called Sara and she is the mascot of OpenGameArt.

And her coat of arms

Looks like modern game for kids. Nice.
        A game for everyone

The development team could need some artists.
        Yep agreed. If someone wants to join, to create great artwork he will be welcome. Currently we have a big lack of artist and a next generation track takes up to 5 months of hard and dedicated work to be done.

For cell shading it could be added as an option. Since we have a modern engine with a post processing stage that would be feasible somehow. If someone wants to try this, he can fork on Github our code and just do it.

Sam

Comment

Oh, wow. Supertuxkart has changed quite a lot compared to the early versions. But so have the system requirements. Well, I'll wait til it hits portage. Not much time for gaming anyway right now.
          Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Totally love the new version, I miss some of the older tracks though. I don't see STK as a kids game, kart racing games are awesome as party games, having a 4 way split screen goofy racing is just as fun as having DDR.

Go SuperTux Kart! (and please don't ever add cel shading - I hate when games use it)

BTW: I just donated, it's about time I done it, it's one of my favourite games after all :-)
            Last edited by Cyber Killer; 28 April 2015, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post

I see only 0.8.1...
              0.9 build seems to have failed.

Most likely the upstream maintainer will push it as update to F22.

- Gilboa
              oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
              oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
              oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
              Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

nice information
                thanks all

Comment

Working...
                X