Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.7.41 Works More On Kernel Job Objects, MSI Patches

Phoronix: Wine 1.7.41 Works More On Kernel Job Objects, MSI Patches

Two weeks ago Wine 1.7.40 added kernel job object support (after previously being a feature of Wine-Staging) and now with today's v1.7.41 release this Windows feature has been further improved...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine version various problems are corrected

For example some time various titles* dont run correctly but in this version more work on winsock are added

*Case Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, Mas Effect 2 and Maybe others

In other cases like as resident evil revelations 1 (and 2 too) objects missing are corrected (however some issues when charge new scene still remains)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Other important fix in this wine version have relation with color issues present on call of duty world at war (singleplayer-multiplayer) and fix color issues in other games like assassins creed 1 (white color issue) and on farcry 3 (color issues in objects)

Last edited by pinguinpc; 18 April 2015, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

For example some time various titles* dont run correctly but in this version more work on winsock are added

In other cases like as resident evil revelations 1 (and 2 too) objects missing are corrected (however some issues when charge new scene still remains)

Other important fix in this wine version have relation with color issues present on call of duty world at war (singleplayer-multiplayer) and fix color issues in other games like assassins creed 1 (white color issue) and on farcry 3 (color issues in objects)

Farcry 3 working correctly?
      According to [1] it has severe gameplay issues.
      (Got it in a bundle, have yet to try it under Wine).

[1] https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=31279

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post

- Gilboa
        Normally wine appdb have outdated results in many games but in farcry 3 test work and color issue gone

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post

- Gilboa
          This result stay updated but make test with amd card and opensource driver (updated result in nvidia hardware are needed) but in my case use nvidia card with lastest propietary drivers (for this reason results are different)

In uplay dont need any special thing to work, only disable uplay overlay

Mouse issue could have two solutions: change mouse override settings in registry to force or use in windowed mode (i use this mode)

Comment

Thanks for the information.
            I'll give it a try.

- Gilboa
            oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
            oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
            oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
            Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

[snip]

[snip]

Great to read that Dragon Age Origins & Dragon Age II (of course Mass Effect 2, too - will see if ME3 also works better) work fine

Thanks for the update, pinguinpc !

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                Great to read that Dragon Age Origins & Dragon Age II (of course Mass Effect 2, too - will see if ME3 also works better) work fine

Thanks for the update, pinguinpc !
                Indeed,

Dragon Age II works great !

unfortunately there aren't some effects available like on Windows (only with DirectX 11 enabled available),

but I can live with that

Also there's *NO* graphical corruption compared to Windows (e.g. ogres have transparent parts at their chest where you can look at the environment/background through them)

there however was a sound issue - with dialog sound at full level it was very quiet - had to lower it one level and now it's OK

running very fluidly

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
                  Indeed,

Dragon Age II works great !

unfortunately there aren't some effects available like on Windows (only with DirectX 11 enabled available),
                  but I can live with that

Also there's *NO* graphical corruption compared to Windows (e.g. ogres have transparent parts at their chest where you can look at the environment/background through them)

there however was a sound issue - with dialog sound at full level it was very quiet - had to lower it one level and now it's OK

running very fluidly
                  DX11 effects are gone sadly, in my case dont let me use anisotropic filtering in dragon age II

In my case sound works ok but i use only stereo sound (my speakers are very simple)

But in other news other game has fixed is injustice gods among us (in before wine versions have intense flickering problem)

And other cases like assasins creed brotherhood multiplayer, i notice appears more colors in various animations (before wine versions this colors dont appear)

Comment

Working...
                  X