Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    I expected for 10.6 mesa drivers.
    Then you must be really disappointed that mesa 10.7 didn't land into Ubuntu 15.04. The features in this release you won't believe!

Comment

I've been running Xubuntu 15.04 for a couple of weeks now and it's been smooth sailing apart from the regular issues, like the screen tearing with Nvidia cards that has been around for several years and STILL hasn't been fixed, but is easily remedied by adding a switch to a single line in the lightdm config file.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
        I've been running Xubuntu 15.04 for a couple of weeks now and it's been smooth sailing apart from the regular issues, like the screen tearing with Nvidia cards that has been around for several years and STILL hasn't been fixed, but is easily remedied by adding a switch to a single line in the lightdm config file.
        What would this line happen to be? Got a guide?

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
          Then you must be really disappointed that mesa 10.7 didn't land into Ubuntu 15.04. The features in this release you won't believe!
          Yes of course! I'm very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Krysto View Post
            Hm...we're getting pretty close to 16.04 LTS yet still no Unity 8/Mir in sight. Is it going to arrive in 15.10 at least? I'm starting to get the feeling they'll miss the LTS target once again.
            That's in the roadmap for next release.

Unity 8 has separate testing ISOs for now...

Meanwhile I wait for 8, the 7 is even better than before and am also using plasma5 in kubuntu, working great!

Comment

It's a comment to the "tearing with vsync enabled" bug

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                Meanwhile I wait for 8, the 7 is even better than before...
                My plan as well, even in Ubuntu 16.04. I prefer stability, so Unity 7 for me until Unity 8 proves to be a equal or more stable platform (17.04 to 18.04 lTS maybe?).

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  Yes of course! I'm very disappointed.
                  And if you where disapointed that mesa 10.7 didn't land in Ubntu 15.04, then not having mesa 10.8 must be killing you! This release is INSANE! In fact, I'm my computer is not able to turn into an autobot in the middle of the night and get into interstellar battles and then come back and make me a fresh pot of coffee in the morning! It's off the hook!

Comment

And if you where disapointed that mesa 10.7 didn't land in Ubntu 15.04, then not having mesa 10.8 must be killing you! This release is INSANE! In fact, I'm my computer is not able to turn into an autobot in the middle of the night and get into interstellar battles and then come back and make me a fresh pot of coffee in the morning! It's off the hook!
                    Of course! there is always a possible improvement you missed, so you always fail.

Comment

The file is /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-xserver-command.conf and backing store needs to be disabled by adding the -bs line to the xserver-command line so that it looks like this:

[SeatDefaults]
                      # Dump core
                      xserver-command=X -bs -core

There are other workarounds too.

Comment

Working...
                      X