KDE Plasma 5.3 Beta Offers Better Power Management, Steps Toward Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.3 Beta Offers Better Power Management, Steps Toward Wayland

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.3 Beta Offers Better Power Management, Steps Toward Wayland

Being released this morning is the first beta of Plasma 5.3, which is officially Plasma 5.2.95...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ops

no longer will laptops suspend when the lid is closed and connected to an external display
    I really hope that characteristic will be optional, because my laptop (a Samsung NP535) have the exhaust vents between the keyboard and the lid. When the lid is closed, the vents are blocked. And I have seen other models with the same characteristic.

Comment

I think Plasma 5.4 matching wayland will be the real important improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        I really hope that characteristic will be optional, because my laptop (a Samsung NP535) have the exhaust vents between the keyboard and the lid. When the lid is closed, the vents are blocked. And I have seen other models with the same characteristic.
        Wow, I have never seen a laptop that didn't have their exhaust vents in the side

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
          Wow, I have never seen a laptop that didn't have their exhaust vents in the side
          My Dell 13z had them inline with the hinge as well as underneath
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

They got us some nice new icons for app categories, but completely broke down kwin vsync with nvidia blob :P

Comment

You can see the small vent holes, between the lid articulation and the grid (aesthetic) above the keyboard, on the left side.

The are other notebooks with this characteristic.

Comment

You haven't seen macbook air?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                  You can see the small vent holes, between the lid articulation and the grid (aesthetic) above the keyboard, on the left side.

The are other notebooks with this characteristic.
                  And that's what you get when you sacrifice sanity in the race for utterly ridiculous thin-ness... can we stop trying to idolize this hipsterthin nonsense already?

Comment

Working...
                  X