Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheros Releases 802.11n Linux Driver

Phoronix: Atheros Releases 802.11n Linux Driver

Last September we reported that MadWiFi was abandoning their proprietary HAL and really the driver itself for that matter. The developers behind the popular MadWiFi Linux driver were ceasing work on it in favor of starting up a new driver called ath5k using OpenHAL...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good news.. Waiting for AP-mode though

Comment

Great! Does this mean that a wlan card/stick with a atheros chip is a good choice for linux users and will work out-of-the-box in future kernel versions?

Comment

1 week late, but at least the "news" are there

gmane.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gmane.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          Great! Does this mean that a wlan card/stick with a atheros chip is a good choice for linux users and will work out-of-the-box in future kernel versions?
          "This driver is open-source and Atheros is targeting it for integration into the Linux kernel."

Also, Ath5k is in kernel since 2.6.25 and support most Atheros based 802.11 A/B/G cards..

Comment

Well not for AR5007 which is commonly used now - like for Eee PC and other laptops.

Comment

How is it possible to know what cards are using those Atheros chipset?
              Note that for me I don't care as I'm using wired LAN, but just to help people choosing safely their "linux compliant" hardware!

Comment

You can get that info on wireless.kernel.org

Comment

Working...
                X