VIA Publishes Three Programming Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stan View Post
    Hopefully the graphics documentation is in the pipeline, and that Harald Welte will be able to bring together the OpenChrome and Unichrome developers to work on a single codebase.
    That was my take on this event. While the info in the chipset docs is going to be useful in the long-haul sense of the term- it's not fixing one of the mainline problems Linux users face with the use of their products. If you've got one of their IGP's, you're stuck with twitchy stuff at best- and no way for someone other than VIA right at the moment to properly fix it. Not a good thing, really. I divested myself of pretty much all my VIA devices because of issues with the display, etc.

I really do like the release of the useful PadLock info. That helps. Now, if only they could fix their display driver story...

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
      Why does VIA release the specs for their security engine?

Isn't such only useful for Digital Restriction Management?
      No... It's hardware assisted cryptography. DRM uses crypto, but in a mostly bent manner. Think in terms of SSL, SSH, etc. taking up almost no CPU muscle- that's what that brings to the table.

Comment

cool.

My Via system is just a file server, so it's already supported well enough for my needs. But the idea of an Isiah-based netbook is appealing, so I'm more than happy to see them dish out some documentation.

Comment

Via Padlock's been supported in loop-aes too for a long time..

Comment

Working...
          X