No announcement yet.

Splashtop on USB stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i just talked about my own system Sorry wrong thread, of course i can not give away ST images until there is an official SDK released.

Comment

• Hi Kano,
      your information is outdated.
      It is already Open Source.
      You can already download free SDKs
      over here:
      Open Source Code Downloads for Splashtop Remote applications for LINUX, Windows and iPad & iPhone

Please post a working ISO for USB stick which works
      with UnetBootin 3.23 to make a working USB stick
      version.
      Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Comment

• Originally posted by hartiberlin View Post
        Hi Kano,
        your information is outdated.
        It is already Open Source.
        You can already download free SDKs
        over here:
        Open Source Code Downloads for Splashtop Remote applications for LINUX, Windows and iPad & iPhone

Please post a working ISO for USB stick which works
        with UnetBootin 3.23 to make a working USB stick
        version.
        Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.
        This is not an SDK but only a bunch of source files and patches. Not even the kernel config is included and it is not possible to compile a working version from these sources, as the bootloader is not included at all. An SDK would be a complete environment with all the necesarry development libraries and compilers, but it is even unclear which compiler version they use.

If you want a working version on an USB stick, just follow the instructions above.

Darkstar.

Comment

• Need some help

Dear Kano: I successfully executed your script to install Splashtop on USB with grub boot. I can get it to boot, but unfortunatelly, I get the infamous "EXPRESS GATE IS NOT INSTALLED IN THIS COMPUTER OR THE INSTALLATION IS INCOMPLETE..." warning.

I tried SSD version 1.2.4.0 and also 1.4.10.8, both with the same result.

Maybe I understood it the wrong way, but that script is supposed to work with "non-express gate" Asus motherboards right?

I have an Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe, which of course doesn't have the Express Gate feature.

Can you guide me on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance, Ariel.

Comment

• I don't know if you used it for testing in vbox already, then you might have got a splash.idx file on the stick you have to remove first. Or maybe there is a file on your hd with that name (only in / of a partition).

Comment

• "Express Gate is not installed..."

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              I don't know if you used it for testing in vbox already, then you might have got a splash.idx file on the stick you have to remove first. Or maybe there is a file on your hd with that name (only in / of a partition).
              I didn't try it on VBox. Version 1.2.4.0 does not have a splash.idx file, there is no such file on the usb stick nor on the hard drive. I have Windows XP on the hard drive, I created the usb stick using Knoppix 6.0.1 installed on a VMWARE virtual machine.

Comment

• SPLASHTOP on System with Encrypted Parition

I am trying to run full disk encryption on my main OS, and still keep Splashtop functional. I am running a Sony VGN-NW270F which appears to have the onboard chip as well as some HD based components. After I encrypted the drive, trying to start Splashtop comes up with "Splashtop is not installed..." since it can't access the encrypted partition.

I am thinking of trying to move the HD based components to an unencrypted NTFS partition. What do I need to make present on the unencrypted partition? If I just move th folder "SPLASH.SYS", and "SPLASH.000" and the file SPLASH.idx will that be enough?

Thanks for your help! You all have put some serious work into this.

Comment

• The splash.idx points to the uuid of the partition. Can be fat or ntfs.

Comment

• VA and Driver Help

You guy's are doing some great work - thanks. I'm an old SunOS internals developer (one project was, I wrote sun's first SCSI driver and SDK and worked with VRTX32/64 firmare for years). I've been using and refactoring and moding VirtualBox since it was first open source and I agree with other posts, it rocks. But I'm really beginning to scarp off some deep unix rust and learn some of the newer linux dev tools. Most of my dev, due to projects to pay the bills, has been MSVS and Java the last 10yrs. With everyone's blogs, special thanks to Kano, Drosky and others, I've been able to do some of the basic mods and create a Vbox guest dev environment, make clean all, then flash the mods back to the SDD on my P5Q Deluxe and boot and run new VA's. It helped when Asus temperarly posted the full source for ExpressGate/SlashTop (and I mean full source, core, kernal, ce, bootstraps, bios api, tinyx, busybox, appliances, etc). I've also followed others lead and began utilizing drivers and utilities from other linux baselines. I'm hitting the 512 onboard ROM limit so I interested in learning about the work others may have done to combine booting SSD with extensions in HDD.

I see that "slashtop for business" has some of the direction that I'm interested in persueing. But falls short in it's timing, vision and value, not to mention SDK (2.?).

I'm interested in helping to get ExpressGate to directly support the ICH10R firmware RAID 0,1,5,6,10 (by possibly updating the iswraid.sourceforge.net) and hosting Vbox via an va-sqx or other (sort of a firmware ESX server lite). Heck, I'll remove all the other sqx's if it boots and loads guestOS like I think it will. I've refactored the Etch based VirtualBox 3.1 code for some significant IO improvements and small footprint. I've tried to just move the Vbox Etch packages as VA's but I think it needs drivers built clean or I need of more Naval Jelly. I've moved kadb (for small basic debugger) over to try and help debug from within SSD, but, with ExpressGate as host I can't get a Vbox debug dump to understand source of panic. Works fine as Windows 7 hostOS to Vbox to ExpressGate guestOS running Etch Vbox (sounds sick when I put it on paper). Panics when started in SSD/flash. That's why I'm thinking VT drivers? Please help, stop me from reinventing the wheel or maybe suggest a better way to debug within SSD.

I'd like to learn more about others work and experiences in virtual appliances and drivers. Not to take anything off Phoronix, but, I've seen a couple blogs regarding others interested in opening a sourceforge project or private room for VAs and drivers. Maybe this already exists somewhere (IRC or other) and possibly to meet my goals I just need some example VA/drivers. If so, please help by pointing me into these projects or repositories. I think others, including myself, would like to see everyones work additive and possibly help.

Thanks again for evryones time comsuing help so far.

Comment

• @VboxVA

The source for ce was available? I did not know that, maybe you could give me a hint where...

Comment

Working...
                      X