Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualBox 5.0 Now In Beta, Adds PV To Windows/Linux Guests

Phoronix: VirtualBox 5.0 Now In Beta, Adds PV To Windows/Linux Guests

Oracle engineers have done an April Fool's Day release of the first development version of VirtualBox 5.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If it's a real release, I wonder if they've fixed the mouse, which was broken for the entire 4 series.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      If it's a real release, I wonder if they've fixed the mouse, which was broken for the entire 4 series.
      ???? I use every day VBox 4 and never had any problem with mouse... (Linux host/W7 guest). What problem are you talking about??

Comment

I wonder if maybe the 3D stack on Linux guests isn't unmitigated shit this time.

Comment

i don't even find this funny. virtualbox has always seemed pretty betaish to me.

Comment

Been using VBox for the past six years.

Not a single major problem - it's silky smooth.

----------
            Best Linux Distribution in 2015

Comment

Originally posted by directhex View Post
              I wonder if maybe the 3D stack on Linux guests isn't unmitigated shit this time.
              Then we'd be able to run Weston and other Wayland servers withou using the Framebuffer on VBox too...

Comment

Originally posted by dvanzo View Post
                ???? I use every day VBox 4 and never had any problem with mouse... (Linux host/W7 guest). What problem are you talking about??
                I neither have problem with mouse in VBox, but I find an annoyance with using touch pad. Basically the touch pad scroll doesn't work. Might be very specific to the host OS and the touch pad hardware by the way.

Everytime I switch to my Linux Guest, I have to use a mouse. Using touchpad with no scrolling is pain in the butt.

Comment

Will we ever get 3D acceleration? Apart that I was always pleased with vb.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                    Will we ever get 3D acceleration? Apart that I was always pleased with vb.
                    Maybe some day all virtual hardware is sufficiently standardized that you get things working out of the box because everything ships with proper drivers

Comment

Working...
                    X