Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston Terminal Can Now Be Minimized

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston Terminal Can Now Be Minimized

There hasn't been too much to report on lately with regard to Wayland/Weston 1.8 development, but with this next release, the reference Weston compositor's terminal will now have a minimize menu item...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So unfortunately there's still not a way to minimize the Weston windows when not full-screen due to the window decorations, but it's a step forward nevertheless
    Ehm... that's false. You can minimize it by clicking on the minimize button in the window decorations, since many months now.

Comment

It is really sad that something like this ends up being news. I won't give up my fuc**** minimize button fuc**** gnome fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
        It is really sad that something like this ends up being news. I won't give up my fuc**** minimize button fuc**** gnome fanboys.
        Indeed, there is no news here, really. You have the minimize button, as always.

Comment

They must be talking about a F11 style fullscreen view, not the typical maximize window.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
            It's really sad that something like this ends up being misconstrued as meaning anything. This is about the reference compositor's reference terminal supporting something. Not something for people like yourself to get all worked up over.

Comment

Working...
            X