Phoronix - Working Towards Faster Page Loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    For Tor users out there, is it still prompting you? Just adjusted security level....
    It seems to be a bit less annoying as it no longer pops up every 10 minutes (Tor changes exit node every 10 minutes). But I still can see fucking recaptcha eventually, about once per hour or so (probably hitting exit node which was [ab]used a lot so cloudflare thinks it is not "normal" traffic).

So my personal wish for cloudflare still stands: I wish them to burn in hell. Slowly.

Comment

CDN not help for BAD and SLOW server (html gen).
      And yet too many ads!!!

Please use special tools for understand what wait.

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
        I have a pretty fast internet connection, on a very fast machine, from the SF East Bay, CA. I just tested, and it took about 25 seconds to load openbenchmarking, the first load of this article en access to the forum was ok, but when I clicked to open the second page of comments, it took another 25s. Definitely much longer than usual.
        Ok, I tested again. Everything has been really, really fast. No delays on either site. And much faster than in the past!

Comment

This website has been freezing my FF browser on linux mint 17.1 for some time now. Yes I do regular updates. I stopped coming here just because of that. Only reason I am here now is someone posted a link to a phoronix article and I figured it was important enough to read, then I went to phoronix home and it did not freeze/lock up my browser anymore so I am wondering what changed.

Comment

That's great to hear.
            If possible, you should consider removing some of the trackers.
            As a subscriber I find it annoying that privacy badger finds any tracking cookies on this site, let alone the many that in fact are currently present.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
              That's great to hear.
              If possible, you should consider removing some of the trackers.
              As a subscriber I find it annoying that privacy badger finds any tracking cookies on this site, let alone the many that in fact are currently present.
              Trackers most likely would be something ad-related... If you're logged into premium, there shouldn't be any ad/tracking tags served, let alone any JS at all (outside of the forums). If you're able to find out what is being called when you're in premium, I'd be happy to look at it if some snippet of JS somewhere is overlooked or something.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by aironeous View Post
                This website has been freezing my FF browser on linux mint 17.1 for some time now. Yes I do regular updates. I stopped coming here just because of that. Only reason I am here now is someone posted a link to a phoronix article and I figured it was important enough to read, then I went to phoronix home and it did not freeze/lock up my browser anymore so I am wondering what changed.
                Great to hear it's working. How long was the issue happening? Haven't encountered (or heard of) any similar issues.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Great to hear it's working. How long was the issue happening? Haven't encountered (or heard of) any similar issues.
                  Same here, but I think it's been less freezy today. It still does a little one but not 10-15 seconds like last week.

Firefox 36.0.4 on Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by sjukfan View Post
                    Same here, but I think it's been less freezy today. It still does a little one but not 10-15 seconds like last week.

Firefox 36.0.4 on Debian.
                    Any odd plugins?
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Any odd plugins?
                      Tested a bit and it seems like it loads fast with or without plugins, just as long as I don't have 200+ tabs open Works fine in a chromium without plugins too.

Comment

Working...
                      X