Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 1 and its mod games freeze after few minutes of play

The title says it all.

After playing about a minute the game (Half Life 1, Counter-Strike 1.6, Natural Selection) freezes and have to boot the computer. No one has it working as far as I know. So this is real problem. I tried disabling sounds but that didn't help. I heard its driver related so decided to post it to here then.

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 and I have ATI Radeon HD 3850.
    Drivers are the ones from the ubuntu GUI somewhere. The automatic installation thing. Also tried downloading newest from ati.com but they caused all the graphics to corrupt and go crazy. Maybe I installed them wrong. Anyways.

Heres link to Ubuntu forums where we discussed about this a bit:
    Has anyone gotten one of these work with ATI card yet?: 1. Diablo 2 higher fps than 10 with Direct3D mode. 2. Steam games freezing after few minutes of play. (Half Life 1 + mods) (Haven't tested source games) 3. Warcraft 3 FT has corrupted main menu. Some textures missing in the background animation thing that plays there. http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=2234544&PHPSESSID=ea2196a5b6a62dde9207d010503e974a There is a picture of it I have: ATI HD3850
    Last edited by Akingboy; 04 August 2008, 12:46 PM.

Bumping this thread to get answers

Comment

Working...
    X