No announcement yet.

The Most Common, Annoying Issue When Benchmarking Ubuntu On Many Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have added this and other settings to an ansible playbook which I use to install virtual machines. I also had to do a few other workarounds for grub2 since it's acting rather peculiar when trying to install from a host system to a guest system - I ended up copying the stage1 and boot loader with dd and applying them to the disk since grub-install breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
      Did you try
      Code:
      /usr/bin/grub-editenv /boot/grub/grubenv unset recordfail
      I think it would have to run upon every startup
      This is the most optimal solution I've found, thanks! Didn't think of it before, will give it a shot. It's fine if needing to run every startup and is most desirable in case the user is not always running PTS.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
        Did you try
        Code:
        /usr/bin/grub-editenv /boot/grub/grubenv unset recordfail
        I think it would have to run upon every startup
        We'll see how this works, thanks again.

The Phoronix Test Suite open-source, cross-platform automated testing/benchmarking software. - phoromatic: Always unset the GRUB recordfail when applicable · phoronix-test-suite/phoronix-test-suite@bc9cd7f
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael

Michael, please file a bug upstream on Launchpad and maybe it will get fixed.
          Ubuntu also includes a wide variety of software through its network of software repositories. Once your system is installed you can simply call up a list of all the existing tools out there and choose any of them for immediate installation over the internet.

This sounds like a very serious issue for especially the Ubuntu Server image.

Comment

Working...
          X