Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.16 Released: It's Their Best Release Yet

Phoronix: GNOME 3.16 Released: It's Their Best Release Yet

Matthias Clasen just sent out the official release announcement for GNOME 3.16 a few minutes ago. Based upon my testing of the GNOME 3.16 development packages thus far, I'm very confident in calling it their best desktop release yet!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking forward to updating my Arch installation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
      Looking forward to updating my Arch installation!
      You can try it by enabling gnome-unstable and testing repos. I even use gnome-shell wayland session. Everything seems stable so far except you can't copy/paste between windows.

Comment

This MultiWriter tool is pretty useless for most people, since nobody will ever use it.
        It is only useful for factories.

These new huge icons in Nautilus really sucks, the icons are way too big.

What is this weird design decision to place two unrelated things; calendar and notifications in the same window?

I am mostly looking forward to the Wayland improvements.

Comment

Dammit.. I should have stuck with Intel or AMD Graphics.... Now that I moved to Nvidia (only because I have an application that only runs on CUDA), I am unable to use wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            This MultiWriter tool is pretty useless for most people, since nobody will ever use it.
            That is just not true. It is pretty useful for trade shows or community events where writing to multiple usb disks in parallel is not uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by Modu View Post
              You can try it by enabling gnome-unstable and testing repos. I even use gnome-shell wayland session. Everything seems stable so far except you can't copy/paste between windows.
              No need for [gnome-unstable] it has already been moved to [testing]. Works flawlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

These new huge icons in Nautilus really sucks, the icons are way too big.

What is this weird design decision to place two unrelated things; calendar and notifications in the same window?

I am mostly looking forward to the Wayland improvements.
                Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the icons. But, then I thought about it and maybe it is in anticipation of 4k monitor adoption rate increasing. I don't know for sure, thats just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the icons. But, then I thought about it and maybe it is in anticipation of 4k monitor adoption rate increasing. I don't know for sure, thats just a guess.
                  They do look pretty on a 4K display.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
                    They do look pretty on a 4K display.
                    I wonder if it might be possible to switch the icons when using smaller resolutions? It is kind of annoying at 1080p. They're giant sized.

Comment

Working...
                    X