More Of OpenGL DSA Is Now Working Within Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    For clarity, I don't think anyone is saying "implement just some of the extensions then stop", only question is which extensions should be worked on first.

The developers are saying "hey let's work first on the extensions that applications actually use".
    Like tessellation and compute shaders?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Like tessellation and compute shaders?
      I think so. Metro 2033 and LL both use compute shaders on Windows, and LL uses tesselation. Not sure if any games are using compute shaders on Linux yet.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        I think so. Metro 2033 and LL both use compute shaders on Windows, and LL uses tesselation. Not sure if any games are using compute shaders on Linux yet.
        That was meant to be sarcastic, commenting on how long both those extensions have been in development for, and both are ones that game developers constantly mention as being very important. Although i know they are big pieces that just take a while to do.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Civ Beyond Earth uses compute shaders (optionally) doesn't it? (I know it does on windows) It certainly seems to be the major new thing all the next-gen engines are using, though, so if there aren't any now there soon will be.

Comment

Sorry, I've never been good at picking up on sarcasm. It probably helps in this line of work
          Test signature

Comment

The muggles don't know or care about overriding GL versions. They see "Metro no start", they go "Og hate Linux, Og trash Linux to Ef".

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
              The muggles don't know or care about overriding GL versions. They see "Metro no start", they go "Og hate Linux, Og trash Linux to Ef".
              Who cares?

The Mesa devs have been working very hard and have come leaps and bounds in the last few years.

I say congratulations to all Mesa devs, thank you all for your hard work!

Comment

Working...
              X