No announcement yet.

Wine tests in PTS... please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Furmark works, even with fglrx (release 8.5 to be precise), but it also requires some user interaction before the test begins.

Most DX based benchmarks I've seen require some sort of user interaction, so finding a "point 'n' click" one will be hard. I think the only option in this case would be timedemos in commercial games. Anyone know of any freely available demos for Windows games that can be used for such ends?
    Last edited by Melcar; 25 July 2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      I am not really interested in that but something more unique.
      But it's way too easy for not doing it. I just played around a bit and found out replacing the strings ./warsow.i386 or ./warsow.x86_64 in ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/warsow/warsow with wine warsow_x86.exe is enough to make the warsow test to use wine. It reports 0.00 FPS thought, but this seems to be a problem with pts, the test and/or my setup, since this also happens when using the linux-binaries.
      Maybe someone who gets more than 0.00 FPS on the warsow test can confirm if this (very quick and dirty) hack works for him as well and he gets reported a reasonable FPS-amount?

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
        but it also requires some user interaction before the test begins
        See, that's the problem. I can't push in tests if it requires interaction like that.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I tried and I failed . I attempted to run the FarCry and FEAR demos since I'm told they have integrated timed benchmarks, but could not get them to work. Maybe it's just the fglrx+Wine combo, but unfortunately I don't have an nvidia card handy.

Comment

Working...
          X