Epiphany 3.16 Improves The GNOME Web Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    That gimmick where they require an additional click to show you anything?

Eww no.
    what do you mean? what extra click?

So, continuing my work on porting nautilus to gaction and gmenu, we found some problems that gtk+ could manage better. For instance, creating menus with GMenu is very convenient only if your menu d…

usage is the same as it was, just looks much, much better and usability is much better than traditional menu (most importantly menu can be way less cluttered). once you get used to see popovers everywhere, seeing old style menu is downright painful for the eyes
    Last edited by justmy2cents; 25 March 2015, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Yes, exactly that. It's ugly, non-functional, and requires more clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        Yes, exactly that. It's ugly, non-functional, and requires more clicks.
        you seem to be mistaken here. your claim would be valid if there were submenus, but epiphany HAS NO SUBMENUS! same amount of clicks will be needed in both cases. click to open menu, click on selection to activate

but, the fact that it supports wide variety of menu items, popover can be made much more organized and use less space.

as for ugly... sheesh, now i feel like i'm lucky i wasn't born without your aesthetics

Comment

Have you seen the before-and-after gedit screenshots? When gedit moved to that paradigm it got a lot worse. Many items which were one click (as toolbar buttons) became two-three clicks, or even more if the almighty designer deemed them unworthy to be in the popup menu.

Comment

Working...
          X