Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's Now More Than 1,000 Games On Steam For Linux

Phoronix: There's Now More Than 1,000 Games On Steam For Linux

There's now more than one thousand native games available via Steam for Linux / SteamOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The bloodsucking shareholders at Starbreeze finally made something worthy of my attention. I'm looking forward to play PAYDAY 2 on Linux!

Comment

I'm a little curious how many games between each platform are AAA titles.

Comment

So according to that article, Cities: Skylines is Steam Linux game No. 1000? That's nice, because it's a great game. I enjoy playing it on Mesa 10.3 (Ubuntu 14.04.2). Thanks AMD

Comment

The real question is the quality of these ports. Most of these games that are not made using Unity Engine have performance problems, strange glitches or bugs, or just plainly don't even start :-P.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
            The real question is the quality of these ports. Most of these games that are not made using Unity Engine have performance problems, strange glitches or bugs, or just plainly don't even start :-P.
            In my personal experience, I've found some games won't start if you don't have pulseaudio installed and running. It was an accidental discovery I made, but an interesting one.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              There's now more than one thousand native games available via Steam for Linux / SteamOS.

As of writing the article this morning in the US, there's 1,002 games available for SteamOS + Linux as shown here.
              If you subtract System Shock 2 (which is running under crossower) and The Witcher 2 (which runs under the EON wrapper), it means there ISN'T more than one thousand native games available via Steam for Linux / SteamOS, so the article is a lie.

Comment

So called "bugs" are always available in any software Some people have problems "only" with games which use Unity engine

Likely that is what quality is, when for you only Unity engine games runs fine, but for other people only non Unity games runs fine
                Last edited by dungeon; 11 March 2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Maybe I should make a youtube series. I have over 1k games in my Steam library and about 1/3rd of which have SteamOS/Linux support. Probably be a good sampling of the quality.

Comment

not sure if you're joking, unity games run the absolute worst.
                    WL2 looks like crap and runs worse than nearly any other game for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X