Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir Now Supports Multi-Monitor With Android

Phoronix: Mir Now Supprts Multi-Monitor With Android

The latest development code of Ubuntu's Mir display server now supports multiple displays when using the Ubuntu Phone/Touch Android base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Say a device has a 1080p screen. Will it output native 1440p when it it is connected to a 1440p monitor? Or will it scale 1080p to 1440p?

Comment

Desktop Display

Would it not make more sense to have the desktop version of the UI appear on the monitor instead of just mirroring the tablet UI and scaling it?
      Also, I'm hoping that this will be plug and play so you just plug it into a monitor at any point (not just boot up) and have it "just work"

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post
        Would it not make more sense to have the desktop version of the UI appear on the monitor instead of just mirroring the tablet UI and scaling it?
        Also, I'm hoping that this will be plug and play so you just plug it into a monitor at any point (not just boot up) and have it "just work"
        The desktop-version will appear when you connect a mouse to it (As already seen in a preview-video a few days ago).

Comment

hmmm, i'm still waiting for the punchline here

Comment

non-fullscreen app

Does anyone have a reference where this non-fullscreen-yet-not-windowed-either feature is explained? I mean when he starts the calculator here and it comes up as covering about a third or so of the screen. Can you still interact with the other ui 'behind' the calculator? How are multiple non-fullscreen apps arranged? How do you switch between these?

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post
              Easier said than done...

Comment

There is a lot of assumptions being made in this thread......

Look at this user's youtube videos to get a better idea of the Unity8/Mir progress

Will answer many of the questions here.

Comment

Originally posted by krach View Post
                  Does anyone have a reference where this non-fullscreen-yet-not-windowed-either feature is explained? I mean when he starts the calculator here and it comes up as covering about a third or so of the screen. Can you still interact with the other ui 'behind' the calculator? How are multiple non-fullscreen apps arranged? How do you switch between these?
                  Canonical calls this the "side stage" AFAIK. I have never used it, because it's available on tablets only (obviously), but I guess you can still use the left side (main stage?) like you usually would, it's just a little smaller. And you can only have 1 app loaded in the side stage at the same time. Not sure how to switch. You can probably find more info using the "sidestage" / "side stage" search term.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                    hmmm, i'm still waiting for the punchline here
                    Me too. I can already do that by connecting my shieldtablet via hdmi. So no clue what 'innovation' is being shown here.

Comment

Working...
                    X