Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems building 8.7 RPMs on Fedora 9 x86_64

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to build the packages from the 8.7 release on Fedora 9 x86_64 and am running into a bizarre error that I've not run into before from building prior version of the FGLRX driver.

Here is the output:

[root@intelc2d 8.7]# sh ../../ati-driver-installer-8-7-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/F9
    Created directory fglrx-install.cyc6Mh
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.512............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    ==================================================
    ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
    Generating package: Fedora/F9
    mv: cannot stat `/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.512-1-6957-root/BUILD/ATI-fglrx-8.512/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/*': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.512-1-6957-root/BUILD/ATI-fglrx-8.512/usr/X11R6/lib/*.so.*': No such file or directory
    Package build failed!
    Package build utility output:
    error: %changelog entries must start with *
    Building target platforms: x86_64
    Building for target x86_64
    Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.cyc6Mh

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?

IS FC9 not using a pre release from xserver 1.5 ? because fglrx dont support xserver 1.5

Comment

Originally posted by r0d3nt View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to build the packages from the 8.7 release on Fedora 9 x86_64 and am running into a bizarre error that I've not run into before from building prior version of the FGLRX driver.

Here is the output:

[root@intelc2d 8.7]# sh ../../ati-driver-installer-8-7-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/F9
      Created directory fglrx-install.cyc6Mh
      Verifying archive integrity... All good.
      Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.512............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
      Generating package: Fedora/F9
      mv: cannot stat `/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.512-1-6957-root/BUILD/ATI-fglrx-8.512/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/*': No such file or directory
      mv: cannot stat `/tmp/ATI-fglrx-8.512-1-6957-root/BUILD/ATI-fglrx-8.512/usr/X11R6/lib/*.so.*': No such file or directory
      Package build failed!
      Building target platforms: x86_64
      Building for target x86_64
      Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.cyc6Mh

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?
      I have similar error building the package for Ubuntu 8.04, this is the output:

Generating package: Ubuntu/hardy
      Resolving build dependencies...
      ./packages/Ubuntu/ati-packager.sh: 364: sh -c '/usr/sbin/synaptic --set-selections --non-interactive --hide-main-window < /tmp/fileOvtrNe': not found
      Unable to resolve cdbs. Please manually install and try again.
      Package build failed!
      dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
      dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
      dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
      dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
      dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
      dpkg-buildpackage: source package fglrx-installer
      dpkg-buildpackage: source version 2:8.512-0ubuntu1
      dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by ATI Technologies Inc. <http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html>
      debian/rules build
      dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
      debian/rules:6: /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk: No such file or directory
      make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/debhelper.mk'. Stop.
      dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
      Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.SY6849

Any clues???

Comment

Dropknee install cdbs
        Unable to resolve cdbs. Please manually install and try again.

Comment

You need to make sure that the spec file contains a proper changelog.
          This is how a changelog section in a spec file should look like:

%changelog
          * Tue Jul 22 2008 Foo Bar <[email protected]>
          - bugfix release

Looking at the error I'd say there is an "*" missing in the %changelog section in the spec file. Add the "*" then try again.

Comment

Until you downgrade the Xserver the driver is useless anyway.

Comment

Thanx for the responses everyone. Looks like I'll have to wait until the next release...again...to see if it will work with Fedora 9. At this rate, a compatible driver for Fedora 9 will be out when Fedora 10 is ready to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
                Dropknee install cdbs
                Thanks Nille, install the cdbs do the trick, but is strange, the previous drivers don't need this package, maybe they change the way to build this new drivers.

Thanks a lot again

Time to test another hope

Comment

Well going back to Catalyst 8.4, this driver still have the Wine bug, the screen corruption. Catalyst 8.4 work great for me and didn't have this bug, I still have problem with Silkroad Online, but WoW play fine, with some minor glitches and I can play movie without flickering, in this driver, 8.7 my video flick with compiz enable, in 8.4 this didn't happen.

Well good luck with this to all of you out there, another month another deception

Comment

Dropknee, I can't think of any changes between 8.4 and 8.7 which would *cause* video flickering under Compiz. Are you sure it's not a case of different Compiz settings, eg you had "don't redirect full screen" enabled when you were running 8.4 ?
                    Test signature

Comment

Working...
                    X