X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corruption

Hi,

Still get graphics corruption!

When I use zattoo player in fullscreen and return to windowed mode. the screen is corrupted, I cant play cedega either.

glxgears is now down to the speed of my 1950 pro.

Thanks AMD I buy a new card and each driver gets slower and slower and more bugs. Guess what you can keep the 4870.

I suppose it's to much to ask, to buy some thing and actually works.

I bet the 3xxx series is forgotten now and all drivers concentrate on 4XXX series thats your usual style, just have to read here to know that.

Thank God you opened up the driver !

Bring on the Radeon HD 3D!

Ill wait for Intels graphics cards!

Comment

Xorg hangs with this new wonderful driver..

Code:
      (**) fglrx(0): ATI GART size: 255 MB
      (II) fglrx(0): [pcie] 261120 kB allocated
      (II) fglrx(0): [drm] DRM buffer queue setup: nbufs = 100 bufsize = 65536
      (**) fglrx(0): UseFastTLS=1
      (==) fglrx(0): BlockSignalsOnLock=1
      (II) fglrx(1): === [atiddxPreInit] === begin
      (EE) fglrx(1): Quitting secondary screen -- no monitor specified.
      (EE) fglrx(1): PreInit failed
      (II) fglrx(1): === [atiddxPreInit] === end

Backtrace:
      0: /usr/bin/X(xf86SigHandler+0x6a) [0x49263a]
      1: /lib/libc.so.6 [0x7f9767b64da0]
      2: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so(atiddxDriverEntPriv+0xf) [0x7f976592dcef]
      3: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so(atiddxFreeScreen+0x2e) [0x7f9765932b8e]
      4: /usr/bin/X(xf86DeleteScreen+0x7e) [0x4a5ade]
      5: /usr/bin/X(InitOutput+0xa1f) [0x46c0bf]
      6: /usr/bin/X(main+0x2c6) [0x437256]
      7: /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe6) [0x7f9767b501d6]
      8: /usr/bin/X(FontFileCompleteXLFD+0x289) [0x4366f9]

Fatal server error:
      Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
      Obviously I needed to get back to 8.6 Argh! And they said Mobility X2600 are now supported!? when they were not supported, Xorg used to load fine!

This happens with my M76 (Mobility Radeon HD2600)...

Comment

Anybody tried it with Fedora 9 yet?

Comment

The same problems with showing tv with tv card like 8.6, i can't resize the window, because if i do that i can't see anything...so backing to 8.5...the only driver that works "fine"
          Last edited by Fenix-TX; 21 July 2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Hi,
            using an old Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro and Xubuntu 8.04.1 i'm quiet surpriced about this new release. Looks like everything was speeded up !

-boottime reduced by 4 seconds
            -my desktop seems to response a bit faster
            -firefox scrolls faster (still could be faster) on problematic sites
            -all games or gamedemos i tested are working noticeable faster, including:

*Ankh 2
            *Penny Arcade EP1
            *Penumbra Overdue
            *Penumbra BlackPlaque
            *Planeshift
            *Freeciv

-Both Penumbra parts are working fine now, means no glitches anymore, very improved savegame loadtime !!!
            Overdue: from 36sec down to 7sec
            Blackplaque: from several minutes down to 12sec
            (nearly all CG compile errors are gone now, hpl.logs size reduced from 116kb down to 27kb)
            -no new issues for me so far

issues left to solve:

-glitches when starting games in fullscreen (resolution change at start up)
            -slow 2D performace of apps(gtk) when running in front of firefox/thundebird
            - ... see changelog

So a quite good release, a least for me

Comment

TOO BAD however, that they still don't seem to have fixed the damn Wine bug >_<
              are you talking about distorted image like this one : http://launchpadlibrarian.net/12254636/Screenshot.jpg , or is it something else?

i haven't been using fglrx for a year or so, and i've tried briefly 8.6 and that was the only 3d-related issue i got. at least startopia started working with wine, yay! can't wait till the drivers catch up. mesa seems to crash instantly with wine, though :/

XServer may fail when playing media files with XVideo enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35968
              and that was the only 2d-related issue i got :] . will have to re-check with new version.

i must say that fglrx has improved a LOT since last release i actually liked, which was 8.35 :] just a few more bugfixes and i'll consider using this driver on a daily basis.

edit: can somebody explain this? :

Resolved Issues
              An X segmentation fault no longer occurs when launching SUZI/textured video. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35214

Known Issues
              An X segmentation fault may occur when launching SUZI/textured video. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35214
              so, is that fixed or what?

fglrx 8.7 - "mindtricks edition"
              Last edited by yoshi314; 21 July 2008, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Creating two successive connections no longer results in direct GL context to fail. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35215
                ... is very strangely worded, but I think I'm having this problem. Hopefully 8.7 will fix it

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                  are you talking about distorted image like this one : http://launchpadlibrarian.net/12254636/Screenshot.jpg , or is it something else?
                  I guess he is talking about this: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10940

Too bad this isn't fixed, since it keeps me stuck on 8.5.

Good to hear though that xv seems to work with an x1600 now. Got to try this once 8.7 is in portage.

Comment

That driver is as useless as the 8-6 driver before. It really sucks. The time you invest to fix 2.6.26 issues is really wasted...

a) 2.6.26 support is not integrated, ok it is possible to fetch a patch from git now (still not optimal, as not dkms like - applied only for intrepid packages not via PATCH=... , PATCH_MATCH="^2.6.2[6-9].

b) wine is not working just like 8-6

c) no pointsprites

d) xorg.conf modelines... well at least they don't make the xserver crash, but they still dont work. Like I added 1280x960 @ 85 hz and it uses only 60 Hz - like it would without modelines.

I presonally would remove the driver as it does not fix anything important. The only way is to use 8-5 - then you can at least play games with wine. If you call that Linux support then it must be a real joke.
                    Last edited by Kano; 21 July 2008, 05:01 PM.

Comment

No video tearing fix? Is it registered by amd at all?

Comment

Working...
                      X