This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grantek View Post
    I still get segfaults trying to play my native linux games, but I've got my 32-bit install for that.
    Some more interesting stuff I've found when I've had time to meta-play games over the past week or so:
    - Quake Wars is unplayable at any resolution even in the 32-bit Ubuntu install, due to the graphics-freezing bug when the view gets busy.
    - Quake Wars in my 32-bit OS causes the "checkerboard of doom" - full-screen graphics corruption, offsetting bits of the screen everywhere, when I try to change the screen resolution.
    - Nexuiz compiled for x84_64 runs brilliantly on my normal 64-bit workstation. I've had fullscreen corruption when trying to change resolution, but I've also changed resolution and not had it. Nexuiz for i386 on my x86_64 system experiences heavy screen glitching (screen flashing black) and crashing.

Anyone know if any of this is useful/new information the unofficial bugzilla? I haven't looked at it much, I'll need to do a thorough search and see what I can add

Comment

I was wondering if I could get a few brave souls running 8.7 that have a problem with the wine "Checkerboard of Doom" to try something and see if they get video corruption off it. I was noticing when I enabled

Option "DesktopSetup" "horizontal"
      Option "UseFastTLS" "1"
      Option "OpenGLOverlay" "1"
      Option "TexturedVideo" "On"
      Option "Textured2D" "on"
      Option "TexturedXRender" "on"
      Option "BackingStore" "on"
      Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"

as such even my normal 2d desktop (such as just moving a terminal window) was having the same corruption issues I got in wine/checkerboard of doom... just to a bit of a lesser degree. If it has already been tried and pointed out sorry, but if not I would really like to see if its the same crossed the board.

Comment

Originally posted by kusuriya View Post
        I was wondering if I could get a few brave souls running 8.7 that have a problem with the wine "Checkerboard of Doom" to try something and see if they get video corruption off it.
        Whoah, yep, I see what you mean, and can confirm it happens on my setup. It's not the same as the checkerboarding I've seen (where sections of the display seem permanently displaced by regular amounts), but moving windows around, there's heaps of corruption with bits of windows not being updated, going invisible, and random bits of windows being blatted out across random other bits of the screen. I didn't see any problems with compiz-fusion enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by grantek View Post
          Whoah, yep, I see what you mean, and can confirm it happens on my setup. It's not the same as the checkerboarding I've seen (where sections of the display seem permanently displaced by regular amounts), but moving windows around, there's heaps of corruption with bits of windows not being updated, going invisible, and random bits of windows being blatted out across random other bits of the screen. I didn't see any problems with compiz-fusion enabled.

Yeah I noticed on my setup that the back buffer was also displaying correctly (screenshots looked fine) and I really havent bothered with compiz yet makes me wonder
          if that is an extension of the same bug or just a whole different one.

Comment

Yeah, from a lay perspective it seems like a memory management bug...

Comment

Well honestly ive found in my past debugging experience, the more ways you can reproduce the same bug, the easier it is to find the source. The trick is figureing out is if its the same bug or a new one. *sigh* I just want my wine XD

Comment

8.8 is now out: http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=12767
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This thread is being closed, please discuss 8.8 in: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12183
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X