Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetworkManager 0.7 Nears Release

Phoronix: NetworkManager 0.7 Nears Release

The wonderful Red Hat software project for easily managing wired and wireless networks on Linux, NetworkManager, is preparing for its first major release in over two years. NetworkManager 0.7 has been in development for a long time with many improvements made, but there has been no formal release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As something for the readers, what do you think will be released first: X.Org 7.4, the Unreal Tournament 3 Linux client, or NetworkManager 0.7? Tell us in the forums.
    None, the ancient Mayan calendar only goes up to December 21, 2012.

Comment

Congrats to Red Hat for going out and making one network manager to "catch them all". Lets hope it'll continue being the leading one and will iron out the flaws that keep others about.

Comment

Duke Nukem Forever Linux will be released before any of those..

Comment

Xorg 7.4 > NetworkManager 0.7 > Unreal Tournament 3 > ... > ... > ... > Duke Nukem Forever

Comment

Hopefully NM 0.7 will have all the major bugs stomped out, as I liked the app but its bugs are annoying enough to keep me from using it regularly

Comment

Is there a way to set persistent DNS servers in NetworkManager? I would really like to use OpenDNS on all (wired and wireless) connections. I have been using ifplugd with a /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks file that resets /etc/resolv.conf every time dhcp is used. I would like to use NetworkManager for the wireless if possible though...

Comment

Originally posted by audi100quattro View Post
                Is there a way to set persistent DNS servers in NetworkManager? I would really like to use OpenDNS on all (wired and wireless) connections. I have been using ifplugd with a /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks file that resets /etc/resolv.conf every time dhcp is used. I would like to use NetworkManager for the wireless if possible though...
                This would be a worse alternative than using /etc/dhcp/dhclient-exit-hooks, but would making /etc/resolv.conf read-only work? I've thought about this in the past, but I've always either had access to the DHCP servers on the network or needed to resolve local network names.

Comment

Working...
                X