No announcement yet.

A way to get 3d support on 3870x2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats correct, before you do that you can patch the code. But as you installed it using the normal installer use the uninstall script first:

sudo /usr/share/ati/fglrx-uninstall.sh

Then you extract the driver:

sh ati-installer...run --extract 8-7

patch it:

cd 8-7
    echo " FGL_ASIC_ID(0x950F)," >> common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/fglrxko_pci_ids.h

create packages:

./ati-installer.sh x --buildpkg Ubuntu/hardy

install packages:

sudo dpkg -i ../*.deb

Comment

Ok so DPKG wasn't installed appearently(dependency issues) so i went into synaptic and installed it. As it did so, it seemed to configure a fglx driver. I don't know if that screws the whole thing up..

Anyway, the install seemed to work fine, but i think the last thing is how to put the "ChipId .." properly in xorg.conf...? I tried just exchanging the "Video Device driver" with ChipId 0x9501

btw. i can't logon to the freenode server, is it down maybe?
      Last edited by GoBBLeS; 22 July 2008, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Driver "fglrx"
        ChipID 0x9501

Comment

Ok, it says it's installed, there's a little "propritary hardware warning" on the topright corner. But when starting up the Xserver it says that it's running on "low graphics mode" a default vesa driver...

no 3D works either..

Soo, should i just try out an older Ati driver and see if that works?

Comment

Somebody with 8-3 or 8-4 reported success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Somebody with 8-3 or 8-4 reported success.
              Ok cool, will try them then.

Ehm how exacty do i uninstall the custom install? The /usr/share/ati dir only has a "amdcccle" dir in it...

Am i just supposed to install another driver on top of the other or is there a 'right' way?

Comment

Well the accelleration might not work because the fglrx kernel driver was not loaded. When you don't know how to unload the other drivers before best reboot.

Comment

Working...
                X