Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 22 Alpha Will Be Released Next Tuesday

Phoronix: Fedora 22 Alpha Will Be Released Next Tuesday

Fedora 22 is shaping up well for boasting many new features while also making it out on time... While it looked like Fedora 22 Alpha might be delayed, the developers managed to get the blocker issues taken care of and today decided they're ready to release F22 Alpha on time next week Tuesday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They need to make GNOME classic option for wayland. I would totally use Wayland and file bug reports, just can't stand default Gnomes Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by gnufreex View Post
      They need to make GNOME classic option for wayland. I would totally use Wayland and file bug reports, just can't stand default Gnomes Hell.
      You do realize that GNOME Classic is just GNOME Shell with a bunch of extensions pre-installed, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
        Fedora 22 will be one of the most significant releases of 2015. High quality and no delays. GNOME 3.16 on wayland for everybody.
        I'm excited for it

Would be using Fedora right now, but GNOME or GDM seems unstable for me, and I can't figure out why.

On openSUSE Tumbleweed, session freezes happened left and right, regardless of kernel or graphics stack (TW stock or pontostroy). Happens to a lesser extent on Fedora 21, but still happens.

I'm assuming it's GDM, but I have yet to try either GNOME or GDM on their own. Other DEs and LightDM are fine though.

Comment

I'd like to try out Fedora, I wante dto ask to the ones who know:

-Where can I download the kde-alpha release ( or the latest snapshot0?

Comment

Working...
          X