Nexuiz stress-test profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexuiz stress-test profile?

Given that nowadays most new gfx-cards deliver framerates well beyond perfect playability with Nexuiz at default settings I wonder if the test suite could raise the bar a bit.

Nexuiz e.g. ships with demos/demo4, which is playing on the "Ruiner" map. This one features reflective/refractive water. The demo itself is a frantic-makes-no-sense battle against way too many bots, given way heavier stress onto the renderer than average "real" Nexuiz matches.

When tested with the Nexuiz high-quality preset (which enables reflective/refractive water amongst other things) that demo e.g. brings my Radeon 3850 onto its knees, dipping well into the low 20ies framerate-wise.

Such an additional test wouldn't require any new game files, it would simply have to activate the high quality preset (execute high.cfg) and let demo4 run.

By the way, it would make sense if the standard Nexuiz test would also choose a fixed quality preset so people who accidentially screw up their quality settings can still deliver comparable results.

Hi SavageX,

Do you know when the next Nexuiz release will be? Trying to get an idea what to do for PTS 1.2. Should the demo just be switched from demo1 to demo4?

Regarding fixed quality preset, the $HOME is now set to a custom directory so that when a user runs Nexuiz outside of PTS it won't affect the configuration file.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi Michael,

there currently is no ETA for a new Nexuiz release, there are new features which need to stabilize first.

I'm not sure one should switch demo1 to demo4 as the latter is more a crazy stress test than a "serious" gameplay demo and should be marked as such.

Comment

Working...
      X