Reported Steam Linux Usage Battles To Stay Above 1.0%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
    Just don't make rude blanket statements. Certainly rubbed me the wrong way. I haven't had enough coffee this morning for that rudeness.
    So a retarded guy cannot obtain a PHd? Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakl?dder View Post
      The majority of gamers are intellectually retarded and all they want is to play their games out of the box, it's as simple as that.
      In my opinion today games are mostly the same shit. Most of them are just continuations of older sagas with better graphics and not a single new feature(more than graphics), others games are just similar to another titles. I only see 1 or 2 games for year who worth the money. But you cannot deny than the market is aimed for kids (9-17) and guys from (18 -50) don't have time to waste...
      Last edited by cocklover; 06 March 2015, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mulenmar View Post
        I wonder how many installations get counted as Windows when Steam for Windows is running in Wine,
        Steam can detect that since a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by cocklover View Post
          In my opinion today games are mostly the same shit. Most of them are just continuations of older sagas with better graphics and not a single new feature(more than graphics), others games are just similar to another titles. I only see 1 or 2 games for year who worth the money. But you cannot deny than the market is aimed for kids (9-17) and guys from (18 -50) don't have time to waste...
          Correction: less time to waste ( or they hoped they could actually get more stuff done) but are busy on their mobile phones, on FB, twitter, browsing the web.. And playing casual games.

Anyway I do purchase as many games as possible to support the platform and for my kids to give it a go after they have done their chores and stuff.

Comment

I'm probably one of those drops. There just seems to always be problems playing games with linux, especially if you have more than one screen. Sometimes it's even hard to get steam to behave. Which is why I no longer have it installed on any of my linux computers.

And once Directx 12 comes out, the gap is only going to widen...

The few games I play, mostly indie titles, I play on a VM.

Sorry, I don't see Linux as being an adequate platform for gaming within the next five years. I don't even see the steam machines making a big dent. They are just too expensive and under-powered. But it might put pressure and make some awareness. But if there are problems, the ports aren't good, and so on, then it's going to leave a very bad taste in the mouth of people that have paid $700+ for a gaming platform that doesn't perform as well as a similar priced computer with windows 10/directx 12.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post

And once Directx 12 comes out, the gap is only going to widen...

The few games I play, mostly indie titles, I play on a VM.
              VM without accelerated 3D...must be fun hahaha.
              When DX12 is out, we will be using Vulkan.
              I've connected my huge 4K, 3D TV with hdmi without problems. Switching
              from pc to tv could not be easier.

Comment

Same as last month, while general masse increases Mac an Linux drops .

Exclusives - that is an answer of course, but dunno who is ready to do that

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                  VM without accelerated 3D...must be fun hahaha.
                  When DX12 is out, we will be using Vulkan.
                  I've connected my huge 4K, 3D TV with hdmi without problems. Switching
                  from pc to tv could not be easier.
                  There's already Intel drivers running on DX12.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                    Who cares about that here, Intel afraid to loose anything from the market just like Microsoft

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                      Who the hell cares???
                      Linux is for PRODUCTIVITY, not stupid brain rot games.
                      Don't make me step on your lawn old man.

Comment

Working...
                      X