Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarks Of The $129 8-Core 64-bit ARM Development Board

Phoronix: Benchmarks Of The $129 8-Core 64-bit ARM Development Board

Announced last month was the HiKey 8-core 64-bit ARM development board being based upon the HiSilicon Cortex-A53 SoC. This HiKey board came out of 96Boards as the first certified board by the Linaro Community Board Group. I happen to have some early benchmarks of this eight-core AArch64 development board running Linaro/Debian...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there a nice simple single-page link to compare this board with the R-Pi, C120, Odroid, etc?

Comment

I am not sure those benches were compiled correctly (especially LAMMPS). Memory contention alone wouldn't explain the discrepancy. Core count maybe... We will dig into the codes over here and see what we can find out. Note that many of the codes, if you want to compare ARMv7 runs, won't compile right now. HPCC for instance. Probably just config issues. Stay tuned...

Comment

Theme

What is the theme featured on the screenshot in the article?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          What is the theme featured on the screenshot in the article?
          Looks like GNOME Terminal in dark theme mode.

Comment

Originally posted by jhenke View Post
            Looks like GNOME Terminal in dark theme mode.
            Yeah, but I was wondering about the GTK theme.

Comment

Typo

It's a Kirin 620 SOC, not 6220.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM SoC View Post
                I am not sure those benches were compiled correctly (especially LAMMPS). Memory contention alone wouldn't explain the discrepancy. Core count maybe... We will dig into the codes over here and see what we can find out. Note that many of the codes, if you want to compare ARMv7 runs, won't compile right now. HPCC for instance. Probably just config issues. Stay tuned...
                First rule of benchmarking when results come surprising in some shape or form, is to verify the benchmark run is valid. That includes verifying the generated code (if possible, since that requires sufficient ISA knowledge) and trying to reproduce the results with different tools, like a different compiler version, or a different compiler altogether (hint: clang). Of course all that takes time, and runs against the busy schedules of most benchmarking sites.

Comment

Working...
                X